Must-Have Bath Time Essentials for Your Baby!
Just like bath time holds importance to you, bathing your little one is also essential to maintain personal hygiene.
Though, choosing the bath time essential for your baby is not as easy as buying bath time essentials for yourself. That’s because your baby’s skin is delicate and needs 10 times more care.
Well, I have come up with a list of the best bathing products for the baby with the best-selling products as an example. So, if you are a new mom, and don’t know what you have to buy, here you will at least get an idea.
7 Must-Have Bath Time Essentials for Your Baby!
1. Baby Bather
Baby bather is an important bath time essential for your tot as it will help you to bathe the baby easily. As of now, you do not have to hold the baby as he can not sit independently. However, your baby can lie in an incline position while you can bathe the baby effortlessly.
So, here I have come up with a LuvLap Hippo Dippo baby bather that supports your baby’s head, has an adjustable headrest, and also has 3 recline positions. That leads me to the comfort, with providing support to the baby, it is also comfortable as it has padded head support and cushioned sides and footrest.
Hence, your baby would be comfortable and will get proper support. I would say this is one of the must have baby bath time essentials in your list.
- Perfect for newborns and infants who can not sit independently
- Made of high-quality material with zero toxicity, hence, safe and durable
- Has adjustable backrest with 3 position recline to provide support to the baby
- Soft and comfortable as it has padded head support and cushioned sides and footrest
- Maximum weight capacity is 9 kg
- For additional comfort, it has a soft mesh sling
- Fold it, and store it
- Durable as it has a metallic frame with a wide thick plastic base that provides good support
- Machine washable fabric
- Though it is claimed that it has a durable base, the base could be more durable commented by buyers
- It is more of a standing or sitting position than lying, hence, could recline enough
- Could be available in a bit big size
- Could be wider
Also Check: 7 Best Baby Bath Chair/Seats in India
2. Baby Shampoo
Though your baby does not have much hair, yet shampoo plays an essential role to clean the delicate scalp of the baby. Else it can result in dandruff, cradle caps, etc.
For instance, Mamaearth Gentle Cleansing Shampoo for Babies
Trust me, shampoo makes bathing more fun.
However, does your baby feels the same?
Trust me, your baby will love the shampoo, you just have to pick the right one. Here, I have come up with Mamaearth shampoo with tear-free formula. So, your baby can enjoy the bubbles and water.
Above all, it is Asia’s first MadeSafe certified toxic-free brand, which makes it perfect for your baby’s hair. Also, it is dermatologically tested in Europe.
Besides this, it is coconut-based cleaner as well as it has the goodness of jojoba oil, aloe vera extract, calendula oil, which nourishes, prevents irritation, has moisturizing properties, cleans your baby’s scalp, etc.
So, Mamaearth is one of the best bathing products for baby.
- Toxic free, hence safe for baby
- Made with tear-free formula, hence, perfect for baby
- Has 5.6PH level which is safe for baby’s skin
- Dermatologically tested in Europe
- It is coconut-based cleaner and has the goodness of jojoba oil
- Hypoallergenic, hence, no allergies
- Though it is claimed that it moistens the scalp and hair, customers claim that it dry the baby’s hair
- Even after claiming that it is made of tear-free formula, customers claim the opposite
Calling it 100% natural won’t be right. As it contains some ingredients like Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate which is potentially known to cause skin irritation and lung irritation. If I talk about another ingredient, Panthenol has rare side effects like diarrhea.
So, I would advise you to be a little careful and cautious. Don’t forget to take the expert’s advice before using.
This thing reminds me of all the toxic chemicals that are present in the baby/kids’ product, where you need to be extra cautious before buying such products.
Know more about: 6 Best Baby Shampoo of all time!
3. Baby Wash
The baby wash is also the best baby bathing essential that your baby will need while bathing. Because it will clean the whole body of the baby.
For example, Sebamed Baby Wash Extra Soft
Why you should buy this?
Well, the reason to buy this baby wash is that it is a sugar-based cleanser that contains botanical lipids similar to vernix, and allantoin. These help in soothing the skin, it heals the skin, stimulates the skin, and more.
Therefore, your tot will get soft and smooth skin. I would say this is one of the must have baby bath time essentials in your list.
- The tear-free formula, hence, no crying while bathing
- Squalene support the lipids barrier of the baby’s skin
- Prevent dryness and moisten the baby’s skin
- Clinically proved to enhance the hydration by 51% by the first week
- Protect the baby’s skin with the acid mantle
- Though it is claimed that it is free from skin irritants, customer claimes that their baby got rashes
- Price could be less
- Even after claiming that it moistens the skin, some customer claim that it dries the baby’s skin
The effect of ingredients could be positive or negative. Just like that, the ingredient allantoin. It might have side effects like skin rash, itching, skin redness, etc. Other than this, this baby wash also contains, pathogenic bacteria, which can also result in infections like tetanus, typhoid fever, diphtheria, syphilis, etc.
Hence, calling it 100% safe won’t be fine. Expert’s advice is recommended.
4. Baby Soap
For the baby’s delicate skin, you need something that can take care of your baby’s skin. Baby soap is perfect to clean the baby.
For example, Mother Sparsh Plant Powered Natural Baby Soap
Mother Sparsh baby soap is herbal and eco-friendly, hence, it would be perfect for your baby.
It is made of a botanical mixture of herbs, essential oils, and plant extracts for your baby’s delicate skin. Hence, it prevents dryness. Most importantly, its natural skin healer soothes itchy skin.
Shea butter, almond oil, and calendula oil are its key ingredients. These help in nourishing the skin as it contains vitamin A, E, and F, prevent the baby’s skin from rashes and itching, has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial properties, etc.
Hence, your baby will get perfect skin.
- Gentle on baby’s skin
- Prevent dryness and rough skin
- Maintain natural PH level and softness of baby’s skin
- Soothes itchy skin with its natural skin healer
- Made of herbal and plants extracts that makes it non-allergenic
- Prevent rashes and soreness
- Free from parabens, SLS, dyes, phthalates, etc
- Keeps baby’s skin healthy
- Keeps baby’s skin soft and smooth
- Sometimes it dries the skin
Also check: 5 Best-Selling Baby Soap!
5. Baby Toothpaste
Like your teeth, your baby’s/kid’s teeth need care. This will prevent tooth decay, plaque formation, cavity, etc. However, your baby is going to retaliate first, but you gotta make it fun to allow your baby to maintain oral hygiene.
Here Mamaearth again comes up with its natural toothpaste that does not contain artificial flavors. Clean teeth of the kids’/baby are essential else your kid has to suffer from tooth decay.
First, it is made of natural ingredients such as xylitol, aloe vera, and stevia which makes this toothpaste ideal for the new gums and teeth of the baby/kids. Hence, xylitol prevents the formation of tooth decay and plaque. And aloe vera provides relief from the sore gums.
Thus, no growth of bacteria, and perfect oral health.
- Prevent formation of tooth decay and plaque
- Provide relief from sore gums
- Promote healthy teeth and gums
- Prevent the regrowth of bacteria and cavities
- Free from SLS, fluoride, etc
- The tasty strawberry flavor will help the baby to develop brushing habits
- Asia’s first MadeSafe certified brand
- Dermatologically tested
- The baby develops bad breaths after brushing
- Could be less strong and sweet
- Price could be less
Don’t Forget: 5 Top Baby Toothpaste in India
6. Hooded Towel
After your baby is done bathing, he needs to feel cozy and warm. And for this purpose, you need cute hooded towels.
The bath of your baby is incomplete without cute hooded towels. The best thing is that you click some cute picture of your tot in this towel having cute cartoons on the hood.
For example, Sathiyas 100% Soft Cotton Baby Hooded Towels
Your baby would feel cozy and comfortable in this 100% soft cotton towel which is safe for your baby’s delicate skin. Moreover, its breathable fabric enhances its comfort.
So, are you ready to wrap your kiddo in this cute towel.
- Made of soft cotton which makes it breathable
- Made of skin-friendly fabric, hence, won’t hurt your baby’s delicate skin
- Soft and comfortable, as the fabric is breathable
- Either wash it in the washing machine or with hands
- May lose its shape after a wash
- Leaves its color in a hard wash
- Size could be bigger
Also check: 10 Best Baby Towels After Bath Reviews!
7. Baby Bathtub
Last but not the least, a bathtub is also the best baby bathing essential. You can also use a bathtub to enhance the development of the baby by making it a storytime, by teaching new words to your baby, etc. So, here I have come up with the perfect bathtub for newborn to 4 years baby which is safe too.
Cho-Cho bathtub is made of BPA European standard plastic which is soft and smooth for the baby’s skin. Hence your baby’s skin would be safe, with no cuts no abrasion.
This bathtub is ideal for the newborn to 4 years kid with the slip-resistant bottom from inside and outside, so that your baby won’t hurt himself while playing. To support your baby while sitting, it has a 45-degree backrest with a separate inflatable section.
Therefore, let your baby enjoy his bath time.
- Water level marks with maximum water line
- Prevent slipping as it has the non-slipping bottom
- Has a 45-degree backrest with a separate inflatable section
- Support your baby while sitting
- Made of BPA European standard plastic which is soft and smooth of the baby’s skin
- Ideal for newborn and 4 years kid
- Has pocket to store bath essentials
- Has adjustable head side angle by inflating the bathtub more or less
- Easy to use and clean as it has a big size drainage plug
- Does not need space as it is foldable
- Could be durable
- Tough to inflate and deflate
- Need maintenance to eliminate stains and dirt
- The pump could be of good quality
At last, let your baby enjoy the bathe. To utilize bath time, you can put some toys, tell stories, etc to your baby. This would help in the development of the baby.
What do you think of these baby bath time essentials? Do you think I missed out on anything? If yes, please let me know in the comments below.
Happy Bath Time Babies!