Well, nowadays, the time has changed and parents are working together to earn a lump sum salary. Lump-sum salaries lead to the best of large apartments. But what about the babies?
Are they safe in those large apartments?
In large apartments, it is difficult to hear your little munchkin voice. Large apartments might not have bedside cradles or you might not like co-sleeping with them.
It must be difficult for you in such a nuclear family where nobody is around to take care of your baby. Even some maids are also not that trustworthy nowadays.
Let’s quickly check the list of 7 best baby monitors in India. Here we go!
7 Best Baby Monitors in India
|1. Babysense Video Baby Monitor with LCD Display |
– Best Budget
|2. Philips Avent Dect Baby Monitor|
– Best Budget Audio Monitor
|3. Infant Optics Dxr-8 Pan/Tilt/Zoom|
– Best Overall & Most Selling
|4. SereneLife Wireless Video Baby Monitor||4.4/5|
|5. Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor||4.1/5|
|6. HelloBaby 3.2” Video Baby Monitor||4.4/5|
|7. VTech Safe & Sound Digital Audio Baby Monitor||4.5/5|
It’s better to equip your house with certain security systems like a baby monitor, safety gates, and you should also know how to baby proof the house.
Baby Monitors like any other electrical device emit radiation. Radiations are necessary for the picture and audio quality of the monitor. Nothing can be worked upon that. So it’s advisable to keep the baby monitors at least 6 feet or 3 feet away from the baby cradle.
Digital baby monitors are the best baby monitors in India. Always go for them as they are more secure and no one can even eavesdrop purposely/accidentally. The signals from the transmitter are under perfect encryption to the receiver.
That’s because digital baby monitors are not dependent upon any kind of internet connection, hence they cannot be hacked.
Types of Baby Monitor
1. Wifi Baby Monitor
As the name suggests, it needs to be connected to the internet and ta-da you can control it with the help of your mobile phone.
- Mostly, wifi baby monitor has both, audio and video capabilities
- Could work with the voice assistant too
- Mostly, enable you to enjoy the real-time footage of your sleeping angle
- Could store the video footage with the help of cloud storage or app
2. Audio Only Baby Monitor
Its name says it all, it would only allow you to hear your baby because it does not have a display screen or monitor.
- Some audio-only baby monitor has the feature of two-way audio, this allows you to talk to your baby or sing lullabies when you are away
3. Video Only Monitor
Most often, a video-only monitor baby comes with the feature of both, that you hear and see the baby. Because it includes an inbuilt microphone and speaker.
- You can hear and see your baby on a screen
- Some also use the mobile app to enable you to see and watch your baby
- Also, allow real-time facing of the baby
- Some monitors come with features such as digital zoom, night vision, storage of video and photos, etc
4. Digital Baby Monitor
It uses the encoded signals as it travels to the receiver from the monitor.
- Not possible for others to recognize the sounds
- Easy to find, simply look for “digital” word
Some other types of baby monitor are,
- Analog Baby Monitor, is not encrypted but it directly sends the cues to the receiver in a straight shot from the monitor.
- Wearable baby monitor, that allows you to keep the track of baby’s breath and sleep.
- Handheld baby monitors are the ones that enable you to keep an eye on the baby, especially, if someone else is taking care of the baby.
14 Factors to Consider Before Buying the Baby Monitor
1. Does Your Baby Monitor Have High Sound and Video Quality?
Clear sound and video quality ensure that you can hear and see your baby with as much clarity as possible. Because this will help you detect whether your baby is fine or not while you are not with her.
For better sound quality, you should go for the baby monitor with DECT technology. Along with this, you can also go for the baby monitor with a light-up sound indicator that enables you to monitor your baby’s noise level.
2. How Far You Can Go and Still Keep an Eye on Your Baby? (Range)
One of the reasons for having a baby monitor is that it will allow you to keep an eye on your baby when you are in the kitchen or in the living room or outside, right?
Hence, having a small range does not even allow you to reach the kitchen to deal with household chaos, which is a complete waste of money.
So, always know the range of the baby monitor before buying it.
This is a more important factor to consider if you live in an old house because it has thicker walls, as well as if you have various floors.
3. Does Your Baby Monitor Have a High-Quality Display Screen or Perfect Screen Size?
Yes, the good quality of the display screen and the right size of the screen also matters because if you are not around, you would want to see your baby with hell a lot of clarity, right?
Thus, for clarity, you need a high-quality display screen as well as having to choose the right size.
Further, large screens provide a clear and better view as compared to small screens, but it could hamper the portability. Likewise, goes for a high-quality display, not the portability part though.
4. Can Your Baby Respond to What You are Saying?
If yes, hurrah!! You chose the right baby monitor.
So, buy a baby monitor that would allow two-way communication. This also is helpful if your baby is crying and until you reach the baby you can talk to your baby and soothe the baby.
5. Can You See Your Baby Clearly At Night in the Baby Monitor? (Night Vision)
It would be good if you can see your baby at night when you are having a good time with your family or husband?
Ensure that your monitor shows you a clear sharp image of your baby at night. Though, that would be the black and white image.
6. Does Your Baby Monitor Have Various Indicators?
Here I’m talking about motion and sound sensors that can detect whether your baby is moving or making a sound. This will also offer peace to you because you can reach the baby as soon as possible.
So, the screen wakes or else sends you the alert automatically.
7. Can You Zoom the Baby Monitor?
This feature is hard to find because only a few models include this feature. Why is this feature essential and in great demand?
This feature is important because it enables you to zoom in and out on the baby and her crib. However, you have to check the zoom compatibility of the baby monitor.
8. Does Your Baby Monitor Keep the Track of Room Temperature?
The baby’s room temperature is essential to keep under check because the too hot and too cold temperature is not good for the baby.
If your baby monitor does not have a room temperature sensor then you should use a thermometer for the nursery.
Don’t miss: 5 Best Baby Room Heater
9. How Many Interconnectivity Does the Baby Monitor Allow?
It is better that you and more people can watch the baby, right?
Hence, you should buy a baby motor that allows you to connect it to various cameras or monitors. This also includes whether you can connect your baby monitor to LCD or LED TV or not for the better view of the baby.
10. Does Your Baby Monitor Work for Days or Months? (Battery Life)
The battery life of the baby monitor is essential. If you are not going for a baby monitor with a battery, then you should buy a baby monitor with a rechargeable battery, that you can use whenever you want.
11. Does Your Baby Monitor Inform You that You are Out of Range?
This is also an important feature to look after because this will inform you that you are losing touch with your baby, simply you are going out of the monitor’s range. Hence, you won’t be able to see the baby.
But the question, how will it inform you?
That’s easy, the monitor will use light or beeping. However, if your baby monitor does not have this feature, then you have to check out the static of the baby monitor.
12. Can You Control the Baby Monitor’s Sound?
Volume control is an essential feature you should look for, along with this, ensure that it is easy to access.
13. How Much Do You Have to Spend?
Well, the thumb rule is easy, for better features, clarity, sound, etc, you have to spend handsome money.
Some other features to look at,
- The low battery indicator is also an important feature to look at as it will enable when you have recharge or change the batteries
- Ensure that your baby monitor is safe and secure from the hackers
- Effortless to install
- Feature to play pre-installed lullabies or white noise
- Ability to pan and tilt the camera
14. Does Your Baby Monitor Come Under Warranty Period?
Buying a baby monitor under warranty period will allow you to replace and repair the same, when needed. Though, there must be some terms and conditions.
7 Best Baby Monitors Detailed Reviews!
– Best Budget Video Monitor
Why should parents buy this?
It monitors the baby’s sleeping position. It has a 2.4-inch high-quality color LCD display. The other prominent features include 2.4 GHz FHSS Technology. As it’s a digital camera it provides high definition and stable streaming.
Neither its secure connection is interfered with by hackers nor is there any compromise on its video and sound quality. This baby monitor allows two way back communication. How long can your little angels stay calm without hearing your voice? This baby monitor allows you to transmit your voice to them!
The best part is there is no out of range warning here for its range extends upto 900 feet. You can move out of the worry to any corner of the apartment/house be it swimming pool or playard. There are lullabies which are pre-installed in the device which helps your little angel fall asleep faster.
- Has pre-installed lullabies
- Never runs on the out of range warning
- Eco-mode needs to be worked upon.
- Batteries drain too quickly.
2. Philips Avent Dect Baby Monitor – Best baby audio monitor in India
– Best Budget Audio
This is one of the best baby Monitors with DECT technology. So it guarantees zero interference from the neighborhood devices not even by mistake. Crystal clear sound allows you to hear the baby anytime.
Since its equipped with the smart ECO mode, it minimizes transmission power as well as reduces battery life.
The night light has a warm tranquil glow and that can be used for comforting the baby especially when he has sleepless nights.
- Variable volume control-Adjust the audio volume according to your comfort and the baby’s too.
- Only 300 meters in range
- Might require the Step Own Voltage Convertor
- We might need the AA batteries, which you ought to buy separately.
– Best Premium Audio
Why parents should buy this?
It’s a digital baby monitor. First of all its equipped with the DECT technology which makes its digital connection very secure gives not a scope to hackers to eavesdrop your baby.
As you must be aware that there are so many wireless devices around the home, but there are no worries as they will never interfere in your wireless device!
There are different baby and parent units which are plugged into different outlets. Thus you can peep onto your baby every second.
- Works too well and is sensitive to even the slightest of voices around.
- Very portable and does not need batteries.
- Plugging systems need improvement.
- Might show the out of range warning as it’s not reliable if your house is a 2 story or has stairs.
– Best Overall & Most Selling
The features of this camera which make it one of the best baby monitor cameras are:
- Its equipped with the interchangeable lens technology.
- Its video quality is squeezed to 3.5 Inch LED Color Display.
- The battery is also long-lasting. Hence it provides an overall excellent performance with its 10-hour power-saving mode option.
- Recording options are available.
- Also, signal transmissions are fully encrypted.
- It can accommodate upto 4 cameras in a single device.
- One of the best baby cameras with its optical zoom lens.
- XDR-8 system has impressed the customers to unbelievable extents.
- No plugin or plug out the formula.
- The screen needs improvement.
Firstly it comes with the screen sleep mode. Because of its VOX mode, which can be enabled anytime, the digital camera’s screen sleeps until and unless it hears any sharp sound.
So your baby never wakes up because of the unwanted screen glow in the bedroom stand. You will also get the option to set an alarm in the baby monitor. This is one of the best baby monitor cameras in India as its equipped with a thermometer that monitors temperature.
It’s in fact one of the best baby monitors in India because it can measure the room or the crib temperature and inform you accordingly. Further, its also equipped with the baby monitor night vision camera mode.
It’s further equipped with the two-way walkie-talkie mode that pampers your baby just with a simple audio hello or your sweet lullabies. That’s made possibles because of its excellent audio buttons. Its battery life extends to 24 hours, especially because its night vision can operate the entire day.
- Temperature and music features are the best.
- Audio quality is exceptional.
- Picture quality needs improvement.
- Nothing major found
This is one of the best baby monitors in India as it is equipped with a no-touch infrared temperature sensor. It checks everything and is no less than a mother, such as fever, food and even bathwater.
Its LCD screen is 2.4 inches in size, and hence it can detect every sound and movement that the baby attempts with the highly sensitive microphone. It is one of the best baby monitor cameras in India because it provides crystal clear sound of your baby roaming anywhere in the home.
Further, its night-vision mode is also fantastic. It rarely goes on the out of the range warning because the range exceeds upto 300 meters.
- Wireless communication
- Colour LCD Screen
- Infrared Night Vision
- No-touch temperature sensor
- Only suitable for 300 meters of range
- It does not have the recording of audio or video clips feature.
Why should parents buy this?
Firstly it has a 3.2 inch LCD display. The wireless technology operates at 2.4Ghz. As it’s equipped with the Infrared Radiation, you can see your baby all night. Remote-in-room temperature gives you the facility of adjusting the room temperature.
This is one of the best baby monitor cameras in India because it extends upto 950 feet and rarely runs on the out of range warning.
The two-way talkback system can be used to talk to the baby and of course, there are preinstalled lullabies that make the baby fall asleep faster. The monitor of this product can equip upto 4 cameras and the parents can use it accordingly.
There are no worries of battery drainage because the speaker of the monitor automatically turns off once the surrounding is below 50db for 7 seconds.
- 3-month money-back warranty
- 1-year quality guarantee
- 24-hour professional service center
- The screen remains pretty bright even in dim light settings.
- The camera’s remote control options need improvement.
Its equipped with the DECT 6.0 technology which provides crystal clear transmission. Any noise which you might hear from the nearby monitors is also eliminated.
The graphic bars on this baby monitor inform you about the noise level in your baby ‘s room. You can hence mute the thing accordingly.
- Alerts are silent in nature.
- Good sounds
- For charging alkaline batteries are needed and they need to be bought separately.
- Only authorized in the U.S.
Why Do You Need a Baby monitor?
Some parents being anxious want to keep an eye on their baby. Because they are hell a lot scared that what if their baby gets hurt if they are not nearby.
The baby monitor allows parents to keep an eye on their little angle while she is sleeping, playing, so that you know that it’s time to change the diaper, or she needs to wake up, etc.
Is it Safe to Use the Baby Monitor?
Yes! Baby monitors are safe to use. However, some hackers can hack their way through wireless baby monitors to know what is going on in your home.
Along with this, you should not keep the baby monitor too close to the baby’s crib and always maintain the distance of at least 3-6 feet because the radiation of the baby monitor can harm the baby.
What are the Benefits of the Baby Monitor?
- Perfect to keep an eye on the baby when you are not around. Above all, you can store your baby’s video and picture dozing, smiling, babbling in sleep
- Ensure safety as features such as motion sensors, sound sensors, room temperature indicator, etc to ensure that baby is alright while sleeping
- Allow you to soothe the baby until you reach the baby
- Perfect device to ensure the safety of the baby, especially if a caregiver is taking care of the baby
- Provide peace to you that you know how your baby is doing when you are not around
What are the Precautions You Should Take While Using the Baby Monitor?
- According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, you should keep kids or away from the cords of the baby monitor. Hence, don’t keep the baby monitor away from the baby crib, the same applies to cordless ones too
- Always remain close to your baby even when using the baby monitor
- Keep the baby monitor at least 3-6 feet away from the baby
- Having a baby monitor does not mean, you can leave your baby alone for high much as possible. Your baby will need your supervision always. If you can not be there, hire a caregiver or ask your family and friends to take care of your baby in your absence. Because a baby monitor can not prevent a situation like Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
Common FAQs on Baby Monitors
Are Vtech Baby Cameras good?
They must be good because my pen friend in the U.S. bought it. As her baby was too sensitive to even the slightest of sounds, this camera was good as the alerts in it are silent. Also, the audio quality is excellent.
How long should I use a baby monitor?
Baby monitors will be best if you only use them during the night time. Approximately 10 hours are enough, for the well being of the battery life.
Do babies need a video monitor?
Yes, it's important for every baby to be put under a video monitor whether they be in the crib or have grown up enough to loiter on the floor. Video monitors inform you about the sleeping positions of your baby in its crib so that you can take care of the baby, and even if the loitering baby gets hurt due to some reason, you can approach him quickly.
Are baby video monitors safe?
Every baby video monitor is safe when they are used with the following precautions- Must hook to your home’s wireless sector, The Wi-fi is best secured when setting with the WPA2 security standard, must be kept at least 5 to 6 feet away from the baby.
Final Words on Baby Monitors
Well, after discussing such great deals, why not decorate your lit’s living room with these products:
If your baby wants a new crib and has got bored with the previous one, you can go for the best baby sleeping bed.
So some of the above baby monitors also fall on the list of best baby video monitors with wi-fi. These products also come in vast ranges of apps, especially lullabies and temperature control ones. I personally tag all of them in the list of best video baby monitors with the app.
So why are you waiting? Go to the baby online store and scroll through these best baby monitors with Wi-Fi.
Happy Shopping and Take Care!