Let’s start with the significance of the best mosquito repellent for babies in India. The most important justification for using the best mosquito repellent for babies in India is that it prevents your little one from mosquitoes.
While going out, playing in the garden, and even in your home, there are chances that mosquitoes will bite your child.
To protect your baby from mosquitoes you can use the best mosquito repellent cream for babies in India.
5 Best Mosquito Repellent for Babies in India
|Preview||Baby Mosquito Repellent||Rating|
|1. Chicco Baby Anti-Mosquito Gel|
– Best Rated Gel
|2. Mom & World Baby Best Mosquito Repellent Lotion|
– Best Lotion
|3. The Moms Co. Natural Mosquito Repellent Spray for Babies||4.1/5|
|4. Mother Sparsh Natural Insect Repellent for Babies|
– Best Budget Spray (My Favorite)
|5. Mamaearth Anti Baby Mosquito Fabric Roll-On||4.0/5|
The mosquito repellent cream not only conserves your baby from mosquitoes but also prevents your little kid from bugs.
Other than this you can also use mosquito screens, traps, patches, and the most common way to deter off the mosquito is by dressing your baby with neutral colors.
As you know, the mosquito is the cause of critical diseases such as dengue, malaria, yellow fever, and more.
While applying mosquito repellent on the baby’s skin for a long time could be harmful as they might digest it, therefore, you have to take some precautions.
First, always follow the instructions given on the repellent cream.
Second, apply repellent to only those areas which are exposed and on clothes.
Third, to avoid breathing issues, always sprinkle the repellent in an open area.
Finally, do not reapply the repellent cream again, and wash the repellent from the baby’s skin as soon as he gets home.
Detailed precautions are covered in the end.
What are the Various Factors to Consider When Buying the Baby Mosquito Repellent?
1. Does Your Baby Mosquito Repellent Include Natural Ingredients?
Assuming, you must be aware, of how sensitive skin your baby has?
Any, I mean any product which includes preservatives could be harmful to the fluffy and soft skin of your baby. And I can bet, you don’t want to harm your baby’s skin, especially when you are choosing all the products of your tot.
And that’s why, you should always prefer a natural or organic product, which also includes mosquito repellent.
2. Is Your Baby Mosquito Repellent Chemical-Free?
Yes, as I mentioned earlier, your mosquito repellent should be free from chemicals because chemicals can result in skin irritation, inflammation, redness, and more.
And, I’m sure, you don’t want your baby or kid to cry out loud due to irritation, inflammation, and more.
3. Have You Checked the Concentration of DEET in the Baby Mosquito Repellent?
DEET could be harmful for the baby, especially if inhaled, swallowed, etc.
That’s why, according to the CDC the concentration of DEET in any baby care product should be less than 30%.
Being a powerful ingredient, it could be highly bad for the baby or kid.
4. Is Your Baby Mosquito Repellent Durable?
Here, durability is not about how strong the bottle or the container of the mosquito repellent is, but it is about how long baby mosquito repellent works.
As a matter of fact, it should protect your baby from the mosquito for a long time.
Check this out, 7 Best Baby Lotion in India Reviews!
5. Can You Tolerate the Smell of Baby Mosquito Repellent?
The thumb rule is that, if your mosquito repellent includes chemicals, it would have a strong essence, which would be certainly intolerable. And again, as I’m saying, right from the start, it would not be good for your baby.
Yet, you can buy mosquito repellent which should have less or no essence. Also, the mosquito repellent with an organic smell would be fine too.
Further, strong essence is one of the reasons why most people avoid using the same to avoid its side effect, they prefer vulnerable bites of the mosquito.
Though, with technological advancement, you can choose a product with a good smell. Yet, I would advise you to use the mosquito repellent with organic essence.
Check it out, 7 Best Baby Cream for Face in India Reviews!
6. Can You Effortlessly Apply the Mosquito Repellent?
Application of the baby mosquito repellent is important because it ensures whether it is safe for your baby or not.
Most of them must be like, wait what? How?
Well, spraying mosquito repellent over the baby’s body and increasing the chances of inhaling or swallowing the deadly chemical like DEET is the worst thing someone can ever do to their baby.
Am I wrong?
Not at all!
That’s why, in my advice, you should buy the roll-ons because they won’t touch your baby’s skin but clothes. Hence, the chances of exposure to the baby to the chemicals will be less.
You got my point, don’t you?
But hey! What about the coverage?
As for most coverage, spray mosquito repellent would be best, unlike roll-ons.
Another thing you can try is to use it in the form of wipes and rub them on the exposed parts of the baby. Apart from this, you can also choose from the gel, cream, etc.
Don’t miss, 6 Best Baby Shampoo in India Reviews!
7. Is Your Baby Mosquito Repellent Greasy?
Greasy mosquito repellent would be uncomfortable because it will give that sticky feel to your baby. And that’s why you should buy organic mosquito repellent because it will not be sticky and greasy.
Most importantly, if your baby would be uncomfortable in applying anything, he probably won’t apply the same again.
8. Is Your Baby Mosquito Repellent Certified And Safe?
First, you should buy the certified baby mosquito repellent because it will ensure that it is safe for the baby as it would have cleared various safety tests.
And to protect the baby from the little yet dangerous enemies out there, that is dengue, malaria, and more, you gotta use the certified product.
Check this out, 5 Best Baby Soap for Fairness in India Reviews!
9. How Much Money Do You Need For the Baby Mosquito Repellent?
Generally, mosquito repellents are quite pocket-friendly. So, don’t worry, to protect your baby from those mosquitoes, you don’t have to break into a bank.
Therefore, we have discussed some of the benefits of the best mosquito repellent for babies in India. Now, why not have a look at the 5 best mosquito repellents for babies in India.
5 Best Mosquito Repellent for Babies Detailed Reviews!
1. Chicco Baby Anti-Mosquito Gel
You do not want to take any chance on the safety of your baby, for this you can use organic products and natural products.
To make it easy for you we came up with the best natural mosquito repellent for babies.
It is made up of natural elements that make it effective, and perfect for delicate skin and its essence prevents the baby from mosquitoes.
It is a gel and sprays and is free from alcohol, DEET, and is free from preservative colors. To add, it is dermatologist tested too.
Certainly, it is the best natural mosquito repellent for babies.
- Made up of natural ingredients
- Has the essence that keeps the mosquito away from baby
- Free from alcohol and DEET
- Free from preservative colors
- Dermatologist tested
- Ideals for delicate skin, such as of baby and pregnant women
- Work during the day and night
- Easy to apply
- Not sticky
- Price could be lower
- The big pack is not there at the time of writing this
2. Mom & World Baby Best Mosquito Repellent Lotion
Are looking for a baby lotion mosquito repellent for your baby? There you go, this is the best mosquito repellent lotion for babies as it encompasses natural components such as aloe vera, almond, wheat germ, neem, lemongrass, basil, rosemary, and eucalyptus.
These all help in enhancing immunity, clearing the skin, making it antioxidant, providing vitamin A, vitamin B, etc.
Additionally, it also provides fatty acids, conserves the baby’s skin against bacteria and infection, and at last soothes the skin. Just like in the baby powder.
Definitely, it is not only the best baby repellent lotion but is also one of the best natural mosquito repellents for babies.
Consequently, it does not leave any oily layer and absorbs in the skin easily just like hair oil.
- Encompasses natural components such as aloe vera, almond, wheat germ, neem, lemongrass, basil, rosemary, and eucalyptus
- Enhancing the immunity, clearing the skin, making it antioxidant, providing vitamin A, vitamin B, etc
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Does not leave an oily layer
- Absorb easily
- Does not contains any toxic chemicals, such as DEET
- Hydrates the skin
- Has mild essence
- The price is bit high
Same Brand Spray:
Mom & World Baby Mosquito Repellent Body Spray
A mosquito repellent that eradicates rashes, dryness, and irritation. Why not give it a try to one of the best mosquito repellents for babies in India. Furthermore, it is made up of plant-based components. That is neem, peppermint, lemongrass, rosemary, and eucalyptus.
To make it safer for your baby, it does not include any toxic chemicals and is free from DEET too.
The castor oil and soybean oil, hydrate your baby’s skin, as well as conserve the skin from germs.
To add, it is one of the best mosquito repellents for babies in India but is also the best for the environment too.
- Eradicates rashes, dryness, and irritation
- Made up of plant-based components, that is neem, peppermint, lemongrass, rosemary, and eucalyptus
- Does not include any toxic chemicals and is free from DEET too
- Castor oil and soybean oil, hydrate your baby’s skin, as well as conserve the skin from germs
- Environmental safe
- Does not leave any greasy layer
- Lightweight helps in easy absorption
- Safe for delicate skin
- Good fragrance
- Effectiveness could be better
- Last for 2 hours only
3. The Moms Co. Natural – Best Natural Mosquito Repellent for Babies Spray
As the immune system of the baby is not completely developed, as a result, babies easily caught an infection and other diseases.
So for this, you have to keep your little one safe, to help you out The Moms offer you one of the best natural mosquito repellents for babies.
Let’s start with the ingredients, that are one of the best mosquito repellents for babies in India containing natural oils, such as cedarwood oil, lemongrass oil, soybean oil, citronella oil, etc.
Is it safe for the baby? Well, definitely, it is safe for your baby as it does not compromise DEET, alcohol, preservatives, and other chemicals.
Again, that is not only safe for the baby but is safe for pregnant women too. It provides 4 hours of security to the baby of 6 months and above against mosquitoes.
- Contains natural oils, such as cedarwood oil, lemongrass oil, soybean oil, citronella oil, etc
- Does not compromise DEET, alcohol, preservatives, parabens, sulfate and other chemicals
- Safe for the baby and pregnant women
- Provides 4 hours of security
- Plant-based formula
- Certified by Australia, it is toxic-free
- Moisture the skin, like baby oil
- Hydrate the skin
- Could be more effective
- Strong fragrance
- Tough to use, claimed by customers
- Last for 1 or 2 hour
4. Mother Sparsh Natural Insect Repellent for Babies – 100% Protection from Mosquitoes, Fleas, and Ants
Now comes our magical product which is Mother Sparsh’s natural insect repellent. I myself adore the Mother Sparsh products because of their natural ingredients. And trust me, I’m not bragging but that’s true.
How am I so sure that it is perfect or safe?
Well, because I myself have experienced the goodness of the Mother Sparsh products, so, I can bet, this one would be good too.
Back to the product! Mother Sparsh insect repellent is made of natural ingredients like eucalyptus oil, lemongrass, and citronella oil. Plus it is a dermatologist-tested product. So, I say, a big YES to this repellent because it is safe, natural, and tested.
But I’m not recommending this product because of the above-mentioned reasons only but I have more things and trust me, you are going to love it, I mean it.
Here we go, it is DEET-free and you don’t really have to spray directly on the baby’s skin unless you want to. But you can spray it on the clothes, room, play area, etc. Plus, when spraying on the baby’s skin make sure not to spray it on the baby’s face but always spray it on the exposed skin.
- Made of natural ayurvedic ingredients such as eucalyptus oil, lemongrass, and citronella oil. Hence, safe for baby
- DEET-free, ensure the safety of the baby
- Provide protection from mosquitoes, fleas, and ants, thus, ensure 3-way protection
- Prevent redness, itching, etc which is caused by the insect bite because it has anti-inflammatory properties
- Encourage wound healing and helps in treating the parasitic infections
- Lessen the chances of infections, and development of bacteria which is caused by the insect bite
- It has a very high essence
- Could be more effective
5. Mamaearth Anti Baby Mosquito Fabric Roll-On
How about a mixture of the natural oils, that too, without any chemical ingredients such as alcohol, mineral oil, preservatives, ammonia, and so on. That’s what makes it the best mosquito repellent for babies in India.
Now, what ingredient does it contain? Being a mother you should know exactly what a product contains, so here to maintain transparency.
It encompasses lavender, chamomile, calendula, and peppermint oil, which conserve the baby from a mosquito.
Now, it is also the best mosquito repellent for babies in India as it is best for the delicate skin of the baby and is anti-inflammatory too.
Therefore, it provides relaxation from irritation and itching due to mosquitoes and bugs. Also, try the essential Sebamed baby products.
- Does not contain chemical ingredients such as alcohol, mineral oil, preservatives, ammonia, and so on
- Made up of homemade natural ingredients, i.e., it encompasses lavender, chamomile, calendula, and peppermint oil
- Ideal for delicate skin
- Provide relief from itching and irritation, as it has anti-inflammatory properties
- Provide 8-hour long protection
- Lessen the redness and soreness, as it has a quick healing process
- Easy to use
- Leaves mark on the clothes, claimed by customers
- Strong essence
- Could be more effective
- Quickly evaporates
Are Mosquito Bites Harmful to Babies?
Yes, mosquito bites can easily affect babies, especially newborns because your baby’s immune system is not strong as of the toddler, kids, and adults.
What is Baby Mosquito Repellent?
As the name implies, it is a product used to prevent mosquitoes from biting your baby. Baby mosquito repellents are designed for your baby, hence, these are safe for the baby. Yet, you should check the certification, ingredients, etc of the baby.
Check this, 6 Best Baby Massage Oil for Fairness in India
Why Should You Buy the Baby Mosquito Repellent?
When taking your baby out in the park, you might survive the deadly bite of the cruel mosquitoes but these can be the reason for diseases such as malaria.
But hey! You can not stop your relaxing walk, can you?
I would say, you should not!! Because this is the only time that allows your baby to see the world and those aunties or kids who run towards you when they see your cute little munchkin.
Don’t steal that from your baby.
So, here I’m going to tell you the benefits of using the baby mosquito repellent along with its disadvantages.
What are the Pros of Using Baby Mosquito Repellent?
- Effectively prevent your baby from mosquito bites
- Safe for the baby or kids
- Portable, can go anywhere with you
- Generally, some products are free from chemicals
What are the Cons of Using the Baby Mosquito Repellent?
- Some products include chemical which could have a harmful impact on baby skin or health
- If you are using it too often, it is extravagant
- Some natural or organic repellent cloud be harmful too
- If combined with other products, few products won’t be effective as they should be
- The duration of products could be varied and as it passes, your baby has to face mosquitoes
What are the Active Ingredients in the Mosquito Repellent?
What are the active compounds in the mosquito repellent?
- Oil of lemon eucalyptus (Citridiol)
- Essential oil such as citronella, geranium, eucalyptus citriodora, lavender, lemongrass
How to Use the Mosquito Repellent Bracelet?
As the name suggests, your baby or you simply can wear it. So, because of the offensive smell that it gives, works as a protective shield.
Can Infants Use Mosquito Repellent?
Yes, infants can use mosquito repellent but it should be with all the precautions and adult supervision.
Check it out, When to Start Oil Massage for Newborn Baby?
Does Vicks Vapor Rub Repel Mosquitoes?
Yes, Vicks vapor rubs repel the mosquitoes.
How to Apply Mosquito Repellent on Baby’s Skin?
Here, I’m mentioning some of the things, you should know, how to exactly the same,
- First, before applying the mosquito repellent on the baby’s skin, make sure it should be free from the ingredients your baby could be allergic to. Though, organic or natural products do not have this problem
- Keep it away from the kid’s reach
- Apply on the exposed body parts of the baby or kid, however, you should avoid the sensitive areas such as the eyes, mouth, nose, and wounded areas
- Before applying the mosquito repellent, always check the instructions to use
- More quantity does not imply protection for long hours. Hence, you don’t have to use in large quantities but small would be effective too
Which Mosquito Repellent is Best For Babies?
What is a Good Mosquito Repellent For Babies?
Chicco baby anti-mosquito repellent is the best mosquito repellent for babies because it is a gel and is free from alcohol and free from other chemicals. Plus, it is made of natural and organic ingredients.
What Kind of Mosquito Repellent is Safe for Babies?
For babies, a mosquito repellent that is free from chemicals, less concentration of DEET, includes organic or natural ingredients and more is the best and safest option.
Are Mosquito Repellents Safe for Babies?
Yes, mosquito repellents are safe for babies, if used with all the precautions.
How Do I Keep Mosquitoes Away From Biting My Baby?
You simply use mosquito repellents when going out, else, nets, for the baby’s protection from mosquitoes are fine.
What are the Precautions to Follow When Using Mosquito Repellent?
- Prevent using or spraying the mosquito repellent near the food
- Use the mosquito repellent spray in an open space or properly ventilated room
- Before and after using the mosquito repellent, clean your hands, skin, and clothes. Also, teach your kid this thing
- Make sure your baby does not put his hands in his mouth when spraying or applying the mosquito repellent. Also, you can bathe your baby to wash off the same
- DEET should not directly be applied to the skin, because it can result in skin irritation, infection, etc, though, it is effective
- Before applying the mosquito repellent, do the patch test to ensure it is safe for the baby
- Applying mosquito repellent on the clothes could leave the stains on the same
- If you notice any allergic symptoms, contact your doctor immediately
- Avert leaving your baby unattended to apply the mosquito repellent
- Don’t apply the mosquito repellent with the combination of other creams like sunscreen because it can lessen the effectiveness
- The quantity of the DEET should be adequate
- Prevent dressing your baby floral and vibrant colors
- Make your baby wear full sleeves clothes, socks, and pants
FAQs On Mosquito Repellent for Babies
- What mosquito repellent is safe for babies?
A mosquito repellent that prevents your baby from mosquito without touching the skin of the baby then Goodknight 100% Natural Mosquito Repellent Patches this is the best mosquito repellent for babies in India. With that, it encompasses citronella oil and eucalyptus oil, i.e., plant-based components.
- How can I protect my baby from mosquitoes in India?
You simply use mosquito patches, nets, screens, traps, and more. However, you can also prevent mosquito biting by dressing your kid in clothes in neutral colors.
- Can mosquito repellent be used on infants?
Certainly, a mosquito repellent can be used on infants too. As these are safe, effective, and naturally made.
- What is a natural mosquito repellent for babies?
Mom & World Baby Mosquito Repellent Baby Lotion is the best natural mosquito repellent for babies as it contains natural components such as aloe vera, almond, wheat germ, neem, lemongrass, basil, rosemary and eucalyptus. Then, it does not leave any oily layer and absorbs in the skin easily. And is safe and secure for your kid.
- Which is the best mosquito repellent lotion and cream for babies in India?
Mom & World Baby Mosquito Repellent Baby Lotion and its cream are the best mosquito repellent for the babies as first, it contains natural components such as aloe vera, almond, wheat germ, neem, lemongrass, basil, rosemary and eucalyptus. Later, it does not leave any oily layer and absorbs in the skin easily. At last, it is safe and secure for your kid.
Before buying any of the baby products, always check out the expiry date of the product. As expired products lead to various problems, such as rashes, redness, itching, and more.
Similarly, you should check the expiry date of every product you are buying. Whether for yourself and for your baby.
Don’t forget to check these waterproof bedsheets for babies also before your baby sleeps.
Now you do not have to restrict your kid to be in the home because of mosquitoes. As with these best repellents, your baby is allowed to play and sleep peacefully without the buzzing and biting of the mosquitos.
On the other hand, mosquito repellent is not expensive and is easy to buy and use.
Although the use of mosquito repellent is not just to prevent the baby’s skin from mosquitoes and bugs, it also hydrates and moistens the baby skin.
Therefore, you do not have to worry about dryness, redness, and itching.
One thing you have to focus on is not to apply the repellent on the skin of the baby again and again. Along with this, after applying the repellent ensure that your baby does not digest it.
More to add, try to apply the baby mosquito repellent often and always ensure that your baby washed his hands after playing. But you can dress your baby in a full sleeve shirt and t-shirts and trousers.
At last, do not buy spray repellent and repellent with strong essence for the kids suffering from asthma as it might lead to breathlessness. Even for the completely fit baby, use a spray repellent in an open area.
Finally, the use of the repellent is not limited to babies only even you can use it and make most of it without any side effects. Also, let your baby put some effort into activity walkers, jumpers with stands, car toys, a playpen, and some mind-developing toys.
Hopefully, we have mentioned, each and everything that is associated with the mosquito repellent.
Nonetheless, if you have any doubt in choosing the best mosquito repellent for babies in India, we are here to help you.
You just have to comment and we will resolve your query soon.