Oh, now you have a cute little baby, ahh! Besides taking your baby with you always, you have 1000 other household work. Right?
But who will take care of your baby?
You cannot let your l’il one roam around anywhere in the home as they might eat, go, or do something that could be dangerous. Then what you should do?
Don’t worry! You came here for the same thing I know i.e baby playards/playpen. Now the question is; which is the best top baby playpen in India?
As there are 100s of brand in the market and choosing the one which fulfills your needs is also the next challenging task.
6 Best Playpen/Playard for Baby in India
|1. LuvLap Sunshine Baby Playpen
– Best Budget
|2. Babycenterindia Baby Room
– Best Playspace for Crawling
|3. BAYBEE Little Hut Play Pen
– Best Features
|4. Evenflo Versatile Play Space
– For Toddlers
|5. Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Reversible Napper
|6. Arkmiido Baby Playpen Fence
So, here at BabyCart, I made your choice and decision very very simple. Hurray! It’s relaxation time for you now!
In this blog post, I have found a bunch of best baby playard/playpen according to your needs. If you don’t have all day to read this blog post, NO WORRY at all, I made a list below for your convenience only.
What are the Types of Baby Playpen?
1. Traditional Wooden Baby Playpen
The traditional playpen is spacious and easily mixes with your home decor. Hence, your baby can play in an abundance of space.
Its shape is square with a wooden base and sides that are made of durable dowels. It‘s large enough to allow you to place a playmat or play gym in it.
2. Metal Structured and Fabric-sided Baby Playpen
If you have a small space then you should go for this one. Moreover, it is effortless to clean as well as highly durable.
Their construction is the same as a wooden playpen, except it is made of steel or aluminum frame.
3. Versatile Playpen
It is a playpen that comes in various configurations, hence, it could be used as a classic pen and if you want, you can use it as a divider by unhooking its two panels.
4. Colored Plastic Baby Playpen
They’re gonna need space because due to their heavyweight, you won’t be able to move them easily. Yet, it is attractive and provides enough space for the baby to play.
It is available in various sizes, shapes, as well as varied configurations.
What are the Factors to Consider Before Buying Baby Playpen?
1. Is Your Playpen Made of High-quality and Heavy-duty Material?
For your baby’s safety, you should buy a playpen that should be made of high-quality and heavy-duty material. Because these ensure the longevity of the same.
Thus, a playpen should withstand, biting, rolling, crawling, jumping, and tugging. Also, check the weight capacity of the same. Also, buy a playpen that is made of non-toxic material.
2. What is the Right Size of the Baby Playpen?
Buy a playpen large enough to allow your baby to play without interruption. Also, it should have space to include baby’s toys in the same. Hence, your baby should have the freedom to crawl and roll.
Moreover, it would be better if you can sit in it to accompany your baby while playing.
3. Will Your Baby Breathe Easily in the Baby Playpen?
As your baby is going inside the playpen, ensure that it is well-ventilated to keep your baby’s body temperature normal. Because the baby highly reacts to the change in their environment.
This feature would prevent overheating and chilling.
4. How Much Times Does it Take to Assemble the Baby Playpen?
Certainly, we want the best for our baby, at the same time, we want to save our time, right?
Well, to save yourself some time, you should buy a playpen that is effortless to assemble.
5. Can You Carry Your Playpen Anywhere?
While going out, parents got anxious about their baby’s safety. Well, to keep your baby safe even when outside, you can buy a playpen with the portability feature, i.e., foldability, carry handles, and lightweight.
This ensures easy storage and convenience.
6. Can You Effortlessly Clean the Baby Playpen?
As your baby is processing his way in the world, he is vulnerable to everything and can easily catch infections, bacteria, etc.
Hence, buy a baby playpen that has the machine-washable fabric.
7. Does Your Playpen Have a Lock System?
A lock system is important especially when you expect guests at home or using the playpen outside. As it restricts the entry of the unwanted person in the same and keeps your baby safe.
Ensure that the lock system is detachable.
8. What Should be the Height and Width of the Baby Playpen?
The height of the baby should be more than your baby at least to prevent your baby from climbing the same. Yet, it should not be too high, as you would have to bend more to get your baby out, which could result in back pain.
9. How Comfort Your Baby is in There?
All the baby playpen comes with padding, though, not all contain the mattress. To add, you should buy a playpen that should have padding as well as a mattress for the proper comfort of the baby.
10. Is Your Baby Playpen Having Detachable Toys?
The baby playpen comes with a canopy or removable lid that allows you to remove or attach the same when needed. For instance, when taking the playpen in a park or somewhere, you need a canopy to protect your baby from the sun and weather.
However, the same is not needed in the home, right?
11. What Other Features Your Baby Playpen Has?
Though this would be expensive, it would be worth it.
12. Are You Aware Which Dimension of Playpen You Should Choose?
The baby playpen comes in various dimensions such as rectangle, octagonal, hexagonal, and more.
Generally, a rectangle playpen is most preferred. However, which size or dimensions you are thinking of going for, ensure it is safe, durable, well-ventilated, and more.
13. Is Your Baby Playpen Certified?
For your baby’s safety, you should go for the playpen that is Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) certified that ensures that the product has met the safety standards set by the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC).
14. Does Your Playpen Come Under Warranty?
Always buy a playpen that comes under warranty period that will ensure that you can replace and repair it.
15. How Much You Have to Spend on the Playpen?
The price of the playpen would be different depending on the features, types, dimensions, and more.
Some other things to focus on,
- If your baby playpen is made of wooden ensure that the slat space of the same should not be more than the width of 2-3/8 inches (5.08 centimeters)
- The hole in the mesh of the playpen, should not be larger than ¼ inch (0.6 centimeters). This will prevent the small buttons and fingers caught in the same
- To prevent your baby from bumps, buy the playpen that has padded sides
- The height of the sides of the playpen should be at least 20 inches (51 centimeters) high, which should be measured from the playpen
- Buy a playpen that locks automatically, when lifted in the ordinary position
- The bottom of the playpen should be 1-inch padded and firm
- Buy a playpen with covered or protected supports or hinges
- The lock of the playpen should not be in the baby’s reach
6 Best Playpen/Playard for Baby Detailed Reviews!
1. LuvLap Sunshine Baby Playpen – Best Foldable Baby Playpen
– Best Budget
Here comes another from LuvLap baby bed cum cot also known as a convertible crib. I would say it is the best foldable baby playpen.
Most importantly, it comes with a mosquito net. Nice, right?
Hey, wait. There is a lot to know about this baby playpen.
Although it is easy to assemble, it is value for money also. There is no compromise in the comfort of your baby.
Now let’s jump right to the flaws in this product.
- Mosquito net
- Proper ventilation
- Comes with travel carry bag
- Best Foldable baby playpen
- Some customers reported that the base is not good.
Alternatively, you can try this premium playpen from LuvLap:
LuvLap Wonderjoy – Best Portable Baby Playpen
Luvlap baby playpen is 3 in 1 function which is travel and storage convenient. I would say this is the best portable baby playpen.
It’s a tensionless product for the mother. As it keeps your baby safe from touching electrical outlets, going on stairs, eating something which is not good, and 1000s of other household things that can change into harmful objects.
Lastly, it also helps baby to sleep peacefully and I must say this is one of the best baby playpens for sleeping. But it has its flaws too:
- It is a compact and lightweight playpen
- Looks sturdy
- Added 2 wheels are the plus points to move anywhere in your home
- Hard mat, you may need to buy separately
- It’s kinda very deep, so it’s hard to reach down and pick up; Maybe my wife height is short :p
- Side net is big so mosquitos can easily get in.
2. Babycenterindia Baby Room – Baby Playpen with Extension
– Best Play Space for Crawling
First of all, why I kept this one in the second? As it is not a playard but a whole baby room. Sounds cool, ha? Hence, I would say it is the best large baby playpen in India.
This baby playpen, oops! sorry, the baby room, comes with the safety lock feature on the door. Is it right to say this is a portable baby playpen?
Yes, it is. As you can easily dismantle it and set it to a defined length of choice. Truly a fantastic product for both indoor and outdoor both.
Pro Tip: You can order two to make it a little play zone for your baby or your neighbor’s baby. It is one of the best playpens for toddlers.
Now let’s check the pros and cons of this large champ.
- EN -71(European Standard) certified for better baby safety
- Base is good and stable
- Bit expensive but worth every penny
3. BAYBEE Little Hut Play Pen – Best Baby Travel Playpen
– Best Features
Are you looking for the best baby playpen for travel? Then BabyBee Little Hut Playpen is the right choice for you. With its amazing portability and on-the-go convenience, it takes a little bit of space to carry it in any corner of the car. Just like these amazing baby car seats.
Moreover, it comes with a toy bar with soft toys. Just like in baby walkers. This product is truly a premium baby playpen. You can not count its unlimited features. Also, it has a clean changing table. This product is recommended for babies up to 15kg of weight.
If everything is positive, so is there anything which it lacks? Yes, of course, it has some cons also. In my review, I found a couple:
- Very portable (best playpen for travelling)
- EN71 Certified for better baby safety
- The changing table is the plus point
- No mosquito net
- No belt in diaper change tray
4. Evenflo Versatile Play Space – Best Large Baby Playpen
– Best for Toddlers/Baby
Do you want your baby, infant, toddler or even neighbours baby, sit together and watch what Mumma is doing? Yes, I’m serious.
This is not a playard, this is a play space. This product is the top-rated baby playard comparing to above all and even the best playpen for toddlers.
This is an easy to assemble play space with no extra tools required. All parts are smooth so you don’t have to worry about the corner and edges that might harm your li’l one.
It is also called the best baby jail :p. I would say this is a worthy product for every penny you spend on this product.
Let’s jump directly to the pros and cons:
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Easy to fold
- Versatile product
- Lightweight: Toddlers might lift it
5. Graco Pack ‘n Play – Baby Playard with Reversible Napper & Changer
If you really want comfort for yourself and most importantly for your baby then Graco Pack n Play Playard should be your first choice. Buy, why?
Because of their comfort, they are giving. They have a very handy, space-saving, and time-saving feature. What is that?
A convenient way to switch from diaper changing station to newborn napper station (to sleep) to playpen amusement. This is amazing, right?
This premium baby playpen is designed to meet your baby’s needs as they grow from newborn to infant to toddler.
But what are the pros and cons of this reversible playard?
- Crib part is awesome
- Switching among the stations is an added feature
- Difficult to assemble at first time, you might need a guide for this
Alternatively, you can try this premium playpen from Graco:
Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Cuddle Cove – Premium Baby Playard/Playpen
Do you want a playard with advance technology? This is a good baby playard/playpen with music, lights and also comes with vibration modules that give your baby soothing experience. Interesting, right?
Moreover, the design is also a plus point to this playard. It comes with a carry bag so there is no hassle in carrying it. Truly worth every penny!
It has also its pros and cons. Do you want to know? Here we go:
- Advanced baby playpen with music and lightning
- Design is premium
- Sturdy look
- Nothing found so far
6. Arkmiido Baby Playpen Fence – Best Cheap Playpen for Babies
Arkmiido is the perfect choice for babies and parents as well. Therefore, at this price, this is the best choice for parents who are looking for the best cheap playpen for babies. The size is also big i.e 15 square feet. Hence, I will say this is the best large baby playard/playpen.
Most importantly, it is environment-friendly as it has a total of 5 mesh around. Not only it keeps the air breathable but also provides a good view to parents. This is amazing, right?
Do you know one interesting thing if you order it now? You’ll get 20 balls for free, voila! Now let’s just check the pros and cons of this product.
- Best child-friendly environment.
- Sturdy and lightweight
- Value for money baby Playard fence
- Good baby playpen for small spaces
- Attachment lock needs improvement
Why Do You Need a Playpen?
You need a playpen to keep your baby safe and occupied when you are working in the kitchen, answering the doors, getting ready, and more.
Hence, a playpen is the best and safest place you can keep your baby safe when you are not around for a short period. Because it can save your baby from accidents.
Along with this, features like foldable, safety, and more, make it more convenient for parents.
Also check: How to Baby Proof House?
Are Playpens a Good Idea for Babies?
Baby playpens are good to keep safe when you are not around for a while. Though, if overused, it could prevent your baby from exploring or experimenting with the surrounding, that is very important. That further can affect development, negative learning patterns, etc.
Though, there is no proof of the same. Thus, the playpen is worth it.
Hence, use it, only in the need of an hour, then it could be healthy for the baby.
Can You Leave the Baby in the Playpen?
Yes, you can leave your baby in the playpen, though, not for a long time. Because it restricts the baby from exploring and experimenting with the surrounding. That further hinders the baby’s development.
Using it for a restricted time won’t do any harm, thus, keep it restricted and use it when needed.
What Age Do You Start Using the Playpen?
Your baby can use the baby playpen right when your baby learns to crawl and at the age of 6-7 months. Though, buy a playpen before your baby starts moving too much so that your baby can use it.
At What Age Do You Stop Using the Playpen?
You should stop using the playpen when your baby learns to climb or if he reaches the height of 34 inches (86 centimeters) or 14 kg.
Hence, consider the baby’s age, weight, and height before buying a playpen.
Can You Use a Playpen at Night?
Can a baby sleep in a playpen overnight?
Yes! Your baby of 12 months can sleep in the playpen. However, it should not contain any bedding, quilts, pillows, toys, and more.
This would be helpful in lessening the Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and avert chances of suffocations.
Though, never leave your baby unsupervised to sleep in the playpen because it does not meet the safety requirement of the crib.
Why Are Playpens Bad?
Playpens are bad because they restrict the baby’s development and hinders the baby from exploring the surrounding.
Though, having the playpen is not bad. You simply have to limit the time of the baby being in the playpen. Or better to use a playard!
What is the Difference Between a Pack, Play, and a Playpen?
If we talk about the playpen, the playpen looks like a crib or a free-standing baby gate. Additionally, it is an enclosed place where your baby can play safely. Though, not all the baby playpen comes with the mattress or padding.
On the other hand, play yards, unlike playpens, contain a mattress that can be used to sleep. Also, it is also named Pack’ n Play by Graco.
Which is a Better Crib or Playpen?
If we talk about which is better, crib or playpen, then first, both are used for different purposes. A crib is used to allow your baby to sleep, on the other hand, a playpen is used to allow your baby to play safely.
The use of both can not be interchanged because the playpen does not meet the safety standards of the crib, thus, it can not be used to enable your baby to sleep unattended.
What are the Benefits of Playpen?
- Keep your baby safe when you are not around
- Promote baby’s physical and mental development because your baby gets a dedicated place of his own to play
- Ensure to keep your home organized and prevent mess
- Prevent your baby from accidents and injuries
- Allow your baby to enjoy me-time
- Can be used as a crib, bassinet, changing table, etc if it has these features
What are the Safety Precautions to be Taken While Using the Baby Playpen?
- Keep it away from the heaters, fires space, radiators, cords, drapes, etc
- If you are using the used second-hand playpen check all the safety, wear and tear, etc
- Restrict the baby time in a playpen and allow them to explore their surrounding
- Keep your baby’s toys, books, etc in the baby playpen to keep your baby occupied
- Never leave your baby unattended in the playpen with the lowered side as it can impose suffocation hazards as well as trap the baby
- Assemble the playpen as instructed
- Don’t replace or change the mattress of the playpen because others won’t fit in the same as well as don’t use too much soft or padded mattress
- Before putting the baby in the baby playpen, ensure that it is not torn from anywhere, including the mattress
- Ensure that the playpen is not broken or has a smooth surface as it can hurt the baby
- Don’t tie any toys on the side of the playpen
- Don’t leave any big item in the playpen because the baby can slip
- Stop using the playpen when your baby learns to climb
Before You Go
To sum up, above are the best baby playard in India based on portability, price, design and other important features. If you still have any doubt, you can ask in the comments box below. But wait, wait, wait. I have more for you.
Lastly, you can also check our list of the best baby products that you should consider for your little one. What are they? Here we go.