During winters taking care of a baby becomes 10 times tougher, isn’t it?
Because if you fail in doing so, your baby might catch a cold or even worse catch a fever. And that is not at all good for the baby, especially for a newborn.
In between all of this, the question comes how to keep the baby warm? How to prevent the baby from catching a cold during winter while doing all the activities?
The answer is to get a baby room heater. So, with all the factors in mind like safety, best long-lasting heat, etc. I think Havells OFR Fan Heater – 11 Fin is the best oil heater for the baby room. The reason you will find in this article.
5 Best Baby Room Heater in India (2022) Reviews!
|Preview||Baby Room Heater||Rating|
|1. Bajaj Majesty Heat Convector Baby Room Heater|
– Best Budget
|2. Havells Oil Filled Fan Heater – 11 Fin|
– Best Overall
|3. Morphy Richards -2000 Watt Oil Filled Radiator||3.9/5|
|4. Bajaj Flashy Radiant Room Heater||4.3/5|
|5. Honeywell Degree Surround Fan Forced Heater||4.4/5|
Well, no worries you can use the best baby room heater. You can also buy a baby humidifier for dryness or cough.
Though, not any room heater would be best as electric heaters can result in dry skin, itching, and more. Hence, you need to be very much careful while choosing one.
Here, go through this list of the 5 best room heater for newborn baby which is ideal for baby’s room and this winter.
1. Bajaj Majesty RX11 2000 Watts Heat Convector Baby Room Heater
– Best Budget
- Model no.: RX 11
- Colour: White
- Product dimensions: 31.5 x 30.99 x 13.72 cm
- Weight: 1.74kgs
- Power: 2000 watts
- Heating method: Conviction
- Warranty: 2 years
To keep your baby warm during chilly winter, Bajaj Majesty would be an ideal choice. It has two heat settings and has an adjustable thermostat which means it will switch off automatically when reach the desired temperature.
That allows you to take a rest rather than waking up again and again to on and off the heater. Further, it also ensures a long life as it prevents overheating protection with the help of a thermal fuse.
The best part is that you can use it in winter and in summer too. I know it sounds, insane but that’s true, as you can use it as a heater in winter and a personal fan in summer. Therefore, you can use it like in all seasons.
- Safe if you have kids and pet as it is cool and safe to touch
- Less energy consumption as it switches off when reach set temperature
- Approved by BIS, hence energy efficient
- Work as a fan and room heater
- Two-way installation, accordingly
- Lightweight, easy to move
- Prevent overheating
- Warm up the room instantly as it has a fan
- Create noise as it has a fan
- Customer care service could be better
You should also check these best room heaters for winter in India (2022) for your family.
2. Havells OFR – 11 Fin 2900-Watt PTC Fan Heater – Best Oil Heater for Baby’s Room
– Best Overall
- Model no.: OFR-11Fin
- Colour: Black and Golden
- Product dimensions: 70 x 18 x 63 cm
- Weight: 16.96 kg
- Power: 1000W, 1500W and 2500W
- Warranty: 1 year
- Average customer rating: 400+ rating or 4 star
An oil-filled heater would be the best room heater for the newborn baby as it does not suffocate and result in no dryness. And if I talk about the Havells OFR -11 Fins then I would say it consumes less energy too with 3 heating settings.
Though, being an oil heater it heats the room instantly because it contains a fan for this purpose which circulates the air in the room equivalently.
Isn’t it great?
However, unlike Bajaj Majesty, it is not lightweight but it includes castor wheels for portability. And I guess for this Havells deserves some points.
It might not have multiple functions like Bajaj Majesty but it is surely durable because it includes an overheating protection feature. Hence longer life.
Additionally, you can use it overnight too because there is no fear of dry and itchy skin, so here you can term it as the best overnight heater in the baby room. Also, it is one of the best room heaters for newborn babies.
- Long-lasting life
- Thermostat heat control which allows you to control the temperature
- Choose the most suitable temperature as it has 3 heat settings
- Disperse the heat in the room equally with the help of a PTC fan
- Effortless to take it from a room to another room
- Includes 11 fins for faster heating
- Includes a cord storage space
- Rear safety cover prevents you, kids, and pets from being hurt
- Customer care service is good
- Creates noise
- Most of the customers said it takes time to heat the room
- Price could be less
- Need extra wattage as it uses a fan
3. Morphy Richards OFR 09 2000-Watt Oil Filled Radiator (Grey)
- Model no: OFR 09
- Colour: Grey
- Product dimensions: 54.5 x 18.5 x 72 cm
- Weight: 11.52 kgs
- Power: 2000 watts
- Warranty: 2 years
Morphy Richards is also offering some good features such as having a thermostat to change the temperature and to enhance the portability it has castor wheels. That too by consuming less energy and in less price than Havells OFR-11 Fins.
Additionally, the warranty period of the same is high than Havells OFR-11 Fins. It is the best overnight heater in the baby room because it moistens the room. Also, because it transfers the load which ensures the constant flow of energy.
Here your baby got a cozy and warm room to sleep, massage, play, and bath.
- Includes wheels for portability
- Thermostat heat control, which allows you to set the temperature
- Includes a back cover and humidifier, that prevent anyone from being hurt and will moisten the room
- Instantly heats the room as it includes 9 thin fins, thin fins which enhance the temperature within a few minutes
- Ensure uninterrupted supply of power as it transfers the load
- Information of heat setting is not given
- Bit noisy
- Customer care service could be improved
- The length of the wire could be more
4. Bajaj Flashy 1000 Watts Radiant Heater for Baby Room (Steel)
- Model no: Flashy
- Product dimensions: 33.2 x 24.2 x 14 cm
- Weight: 1.49 kg
- Power: 1000 watts
- Warranty: 2 years
If you are looking for a baby room heater that is perfect for a small room that consumes less energy then Bajaj Flashy would be a perfect choice, especially because it is ISI Certified. By only using 1000W of energy, it heats the room effectively as it has nickel-chromium-plated mesh.
Not only this, like other room heaters you have the choice to adjust the temperature of the room with the help of an adjustable thermostat. No doubt, it is safe as it has a cotton braided cord.
With all the safety and less energy consumption, it is the best baby room heater.
Note: Remember, this has an open and wider coil so keep it out of the reach of the baby.
- ISI certified
- Consume less energy
- Nickel chromium-plated mesh ensure effective heat
- Has adjustable thermostat to set the temperature
- Has an overheating protection feature and cotton braided cord ensure safety
- Stainless steel reflector ensures that heat is transferred to the room entirely
- For flexibility, it has a stand
- Perfect small and medium room
- Prevent corrosion
- Lightweight, easy to move
- Hard surface
- Need time to heat the room
- Has sharp ends which could hurt you or baby
- Could have included a back cover
Also Check: Best Diaper Rash Cream for Babies in 2022
5. Honeywell HHF360V 360 Degree Surround Fan Forced Heater
- Model no: HHF360V
- Colour: Black
- Product dimensions: 20.32 x 20.32 x 29.21 cm
- Weight: 1.36kg
- Power: 1500 watts
- Warranty: 3 years
- Average customer review: 1150+ rating or 4.5 stars
The best part of buying a Honeywell heater is that it provides 360-degree all-round heating. Isn’t it the best feature a heater could have? Like, every corner of your room will be warm only because of this best baby room heater.
The feature of Honeywell is not over yet, you would be amazed to know that it provides 2-time protection from overheating and shutting off automatically. Here, no waste of energy plus the longer life of the heater.
And if your kid is learning to walk or crawl it is safe, as it is made of cool-to-touch plastic. Though, I would advise you to keep your kid away from the heater.
And the most amazing feature of this best baby room heater is that you can set the auto-off timer. Hence, you can use it overnight which makes it the best overnight heater in the baby room.
So far, I guess this would be the perfect heater for your baby’s room. What do you think?
- 2 times overheat protection
- Less consumption of energy
- Lightweight, easy to move
- Cool to touch plastic, hence safe you and baby
- The auto-shutoff feature which allows you to set the timer
- 360-degree heat output
- 360-degree tip-off protection, again safe to use
- Has programmable thermostat, set temperature accordingly
- Portability is effortless because of handle
- Gives burning plastic smells, maybe because of the first time use
- Blowing power could be more
- Could be less noisy
Which Kind of Heater is Best for Baby Room in Winter?
The choice of heater could be different according to the baby’s age, the place you live in, and more. So, you have to choose carefully.
Here to help you out, I’m mentioning which type of heater you can choose. Though, you can consult the same with the doctor also.
Newborn Baby and Baby Under 6 Months–
As newborns can not regulate the temperature of the body. So for this purpose, you need to keep your baby warm. And what could be better than a heater?
Therefore, buy a heater with a thermostat setting as it allows you to regulate the temperature of the room accordingly. With that, ensure to keep the heater at a moderate temperature, not at high.
If you are buying a heater specifically to massage or to bathe your tot, then electric heater, conviction, and fan heaters are an ideal choice. Though, an electric heater can result in dry skin.
However, if you already have an oil heater or you prefer to buy an oil heater you can one. Simply, switch on the heater depending on the usual time taken by it to warm the room.
Above all, one of the benefits of using the oil room heater is that it keeps the room warm for a longer period even if turned off. Hence, energy-efficient, above all, unlike an electric heater, oil heater does not dry the air.
For a better option, you can buy a humidifier heater such as Morphy Richards. Because it does not dry the air in the room, hence, no dry skin.
Crawling or Walking Baby–
Crawling or walking babies are like little monsters, though cute. You need to be extra careful if your baby is at the same stage. Because at this phase your baby is super curious and anything bright can catch his/her attention.
In that case, coil heaters are a big NO. Because the red light coming out of it can make your baby play with it and he can get hurt seriously.
Additionally, if the heater lacks the auto-shutoff thermostat feature it again captivates your baby’s attention.
Now you must be wondering, which heater you should buy then?
Well, you can buy wall-mounted heaters, oil heaters, and radiators. But with these also, follow the safety measures.
So far, you can make your kid understand that heaters are not safe. However, never leave your baby around the heater unattended. Especially if you have coil heaters and electric heaters in your home because these can easily catch kids’ attention.
Above all, while playing, your baby can throw the thing at the heater which can result in fire and damage your heater.
At last, oil heaters mounted heaters, and radiators could be a good choice if you follow the precautions.
Precautions for Baby Room Heater
- Read the manual before using the room heater to understand everything about the heater
- Never leave items such as magazines, newspapers, toys, and other paper material near or around the heater
- Eliminate using the flammable liquid in near or around the room heater. Namely, these liquids are paint, gasoline, paint, alcohol, and more
- Do not place the room heater near the curtains, as if the curtain get stuck in, it can catch fire
- Never leave the heater unguarded, as if it knocked off it might catch fire
- Never leave kids alone while using heaters. Hence, make sure to keep kids 3 feet away from the heater
- Never use extended cords to connect room heater
- Do not use the room heater or replace its parts before using the heater if the heater has any damaged parts or cords
- Keep the windows and doors close when the heater is operating because rain and moisture can break the unit and could be the result of the fire
FAQs On Baby Room Heater
How can I keep my baby’s room warm?
To keep the baby room warm you can simply use a room heater. Though, you have to keep an eye on the baby’s room temperature. Other than this, clothe your baby properly with a layer of clothes, and use blankets in the crib.
Which room heater is best for a newborn baby?
For a newborn baby’s room, Morphy Richards’s room heater would be best because it has a humidifier too which moistens the room and prevent dryness. You can also go for Havells OFR.
Is the room heater good for the baby?
If the temperature is not too high, room heaters are safe for the baby else it might result in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, lessen the moisture, hurt the baby, etc. Also, do not use the heater overnight.
Are room heaters safe for babies?
Yes, room heaters are safe unless you use them at high temperatures and with all the precautions.
You can use heaters however, no doubt you have to take all the precautions needed. As the high temperature can result in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Hence, keep the room heater at a less or moderate level.
If you have a toddler or preschooler at home, never leave your baby unguarded with the heater. As they might end up hurting themselves and it could be worse, as it might result in fire.
Hence, take precautions and enjoy the warm room with your baby.
In between all of this, don’t stop all the essential activities like massaging and bathing. As these are essential to maintain hygiene and for the baby’s development.
Hey mom or day, which among the 5 best room heaters for baby are you going to buy this winter season? Let me know in the comments below.