Childproofing your home? That’s important to keep your baby safe. Here, I come up with the best baby safety gates for stairs/doors in India if you missed mentioning it in your baby care list. You know, the safety of the baby comes first.
The stairs can be very harmful to the baby. However, I’m sure your baby is just waiting for the right time to get there without realizing the harm.
Well, to prevent your baby from being harm let’s use the baby safety gates for stairs.
Now, let’s move to two types of baby safety gates for stairs; first, it is hardware mounted, it is directly bolted inside the contour of the walls.
These are best, especially when installed at the top of the stairway. Because these baby safety gates for stairs bolted in the wall, it is stable.
Later, pressure-mounted safety gates; it is like an accordion wedged between the two contrary walls.
It is ideal if you want your baby to prevent entering into a room, as it might have something expensive or dangerous.
7 Best Baby Safety Gates for Stairs in India
|Preview||Baby Safety Gates||Rating|
|1. Safe-O-Kid Baby Safety Gate||4.5/5|
|2. Kiddale Retractable Baby Safety Gate||4.3/5|
|3. Regalo Easy Step Baby Safety Gate for Door & Stairs||4.6/5|
|4. Kurtzy Metal Safety Gate for Baby with Secret Lock||4.1/5|
|5. Strong Fine Mesh Fall Prevention Safety Net for Baby||3.9/5|
|6. HIPPO Indoor Balcony Baby Safety Net with Eyelets||4.3/5|
|7. Kiddale Baby Safety Balcony Staircase Net||4.0/5|
One thing to be noted is that pressure-mounted safety gates are not a very good option for the safety of the baby from the staircase.
Now, the biggest question, when to remove the baby gates for safety?
Good one, so here you go with the answer, you can remove the best baby safety gates for stairs in India when the baby reaches 2-3 years or when your baby learns how to climb or open the gate.
What Are the Types of Safety Gates?
1. Pressure Mounted Safety Gate
These safety gates do not need drilling, holes, and screwing to form a structure but they use tension rods.
Further, these are effortless to misalign, yet, are perfect for traveling as they are easy to disassemble.
2. Hardware Mounted Safety Gates
Unlike pressure-mounted safety gates, these need drilling, holding, and proper screwing to form a structure. Further, these are stable as well as could be used around the staircase, especially the one without step over.
How Do I Choose a Baby Safety Gate Online?
1. Have You Measure the Dimensions of Your Space?
Yes, before buying any of the safety gates, you should measure the dimensions of the space you need it for. Along with this, also check for the mounting blocks such as uneven surfaces, base molding, etc.
2. What Type of Locking Mechanism Your Baby Safety Gate Has?
The locking mechanism prevents your little commando from pulling any stunt.
For this, I would suggest you buy the automatic locks, as the name implies these locks will lock themselves as soon as you enter or leave. Also, it is a good option for parents who sometimes forget to lock the gate.
3. Which Type of Doorways Does Your Safety Gates Have?
There are two types of doorways, that is walk through and climb-over.
To be noted, walk-through doorways are safer as they prevent tripping hazards as well as allow the parents to open them when leaving the room.
Don’t miss, 6 Best Baby Jhula in Wood Review
4. Does Your Safety Gate is Certified or Meet the Industry Standards?
Always buy the certified baby gate as it ensures that your product has cleared the safety standards and is safe for you and your baby.
5. What Should be the Height of the Baby Gates?
Technically, the height of the baby gate should be 22-inches tall, this will lessen the chances of your baby climbing the same.
Because your baby can try to climb over the same and if he will be successful in the same, he can fall.
Check this, 6 Best Wooden Horse Toy for Baby Reviews
6. What is the Material of the Baby Safety Gate?
The baby safety gates are available in various materials such as plastic, metal, and wood. To be noted, if you are choosing the baby safety gate with plastic material, then always prefer BPA-free and PVC-free plastic.
Though, I would advise you to go for a safety gate made of metal or plastic for durability.
7. How Much Space Does the Safety Gate Slots Have?
The gate spanning should be less than 3-inches to prevent your baby’s hand, legs, face, etc stuck in between the gate slots.
For this, you can either check the distance manually or check the label.
Check this out, 9 Best Baby Swaddle Blanket
8. What Type of Installation of the Baby Safety Gate You Would Prefer?
As mentioned, pressure-mounted safety gates do not need drilling, holes, etc, but these are easy to align.
On the other hand, fixed or wall-mounted safety gates need drilling, holes, etc, hence, these are durable.
Thus, I would suggest you prefer the latter one.
Moreover, buy the safety gate which can be installed in odd places such as stair balusters, angled banisters, etc.
9. What Type of Opening or Closing You Would Prefer?
The baby safety gate has various openings. For instance, some safety gates have stay-open features, others have swing openings at both sides.
When talking about closing, some gates have a manual opening feature, while others come with push buttons and automatic closing.
10. Is Your Baby Safety Gate Durable?
The durability of the safety gate depends on the material. For instance, plastic is not durable as metal and wood.
So, I would suggest you either go for wooden and metal as the material of the safety gate.
Also check, 7 Best Baby Nail Cutter
11. Does Your Baby Safety Gate Have A Latch Indicator?
A latch indicator enables you to know that the safety gate has been closed. For this, some safety gates create click sound, some have light indicators, also, some even indicate to you that the latch is opened through an alarm.
This will allow you to keep your baby safe.
12. What is the Price of the Safety Gates?
The safety gates could be costly depending on the material, features, etc.
I guess it’s the right time to move to the best baby safety gates for stairs in India. What are you waiting for, let’s start?
Baby Safety Gates Detailed Reviews!
1. Safe-O-Kid Baby Safety Gate
Hey! I have come up with a “Safe-O-Kid” baby safety gate with a double lock and two-way opening that does not require it to fit. Moreover, it will close entirely only after its installation for the baby’s safety. So, there you go with one of the finest safety gates – I’m using and perfectly fulfills its purpose.
Well, its safety features are not over yet. One of the finest features I consider best is a `pressure mount design that does not damage the walls is seamless to open by parents, not baby, and of course, its width extends without the requirement of any tool.
Can you see how perfect it is? No?
Let’s have a look at its pros –
- Seamless to install as no tool is required.
- Easy to open by parents, not babies.
- It can be open with one hand.
- Adjustable height from 29’’ to 35’’.
- Has double lock to ensure safety.
- Safe for parents to open.
- No drilling is required for installation.
- Pressure mount design that avoids wall damage.
- For some consumers, it may be difficult to install.
2. Kiddale Retractable Baby Gate Safety with Auto Close Mechanism
I know what you are thinking, what is retractable?
No worries, I’m here to help you out, the retractable feature of the best baby safety gates for doors allows you to pull the gate to any width accordingly, unlike standard width gates.
So, how would you find the retractable baby gate?
I guess it is good, isn’t it? If your answer is no, then you would definitely say yes, after hearing this.
The retractable baby gate has a triple lock and automatically closes with the help of the gravity-fed hinge.
Above all, the best baby safety gates for the door opens in two directions for your comfort. You can see, how good it is for you, the later retractable baby gate can be used in spaces such as doorways, hallways, staircases, and more.
- Allow you to pull the gate to any width accordingly, unlike standard width gates
- Has a triple lock and automatically closes with the help of the gravity-fed hinge
- The door opens in two directions for your comfort
- Can be used in spaces such as doorways, hallways, staircase and more
- Keep your baby and pet safe
- Retract when not in use
- Used indoor and outdoor
- Has iron construction for durability and reliability
- Easy to install
- Extendable, to fit in any door
- Even after claiming that it is durable, the expansion could be more durable
- Locking could be smooth
- The side screw does not bolt in deep
- Slip off from the pole
3. Regalo Easy Step Walk Thru Baby Safety Gate for Door & Stairs
If you are looking for one of the best baby safety gates for the door, then Regalo is the best because it is extendable and is perfect for kids and pets.
You can simply open this baby safety gate with a hand. And for the security and safety of the baby, it is tested and certified by the American Society.
- Made of steel
- Extendable, easy to adjust
- Perfect for the kids and pet.
- Tested and certified by the American Society
- Easy to open and close as it has a locking system
- Simple to install
- Safe for hands
- Not portable
- Claimed that it is easy to install but it is not
- Could have included a manual for installation
- Could be durable
4. Kurtzy Metal Safety Gate for Baby with Secret Lock for Infant Baby
As I said, baby’s are cute little monsters with magic, of course, they do things that we don’t expect, can you deny that?
Being a parent you have to be careful and keep your baby in a safe environment. Just using the crib and keeping your baby at a place would not contribute to the growth of the baby, so let your baby free. If you are looking for cheap safety gates for a baby, then it is perfect.
The use of the cheap safety gates for babies is not limited to the staircase and kitchen way but you might also use it outside of your home too.
Your baby is safe when he’s crawling, walking in a walker, and more. It has a double locking system, one is at the top and the other is a slide button, to pull the bottom lock simply slide it. This one of the best baby safety gates for stairs in India is easy to open just by hand.
For your convenience, you can open it in two directions. For recommendation, use one opening at the staircase bottom and for doorways, use a two-way opening. Here, you are getting cheap safety gates for babies with all the security and safety measures.
- Made of metals
- Use is not limited to the staircase and kitchen way, but you might also use it outside your home.
- It has a double locking system, one is at the top, and the other is a slide button. To pull the bottom lock, slide.
- Easy to open just by a hand
- Closes automatically with the help of the gravity-fed hinge
- Can open it in two directions; you can even open it in two directions
- Relocate it easily as it does not fit in the wall or door permanently
- Easy to install in 5 minutes
- Chemical-free and has plastic locks
- Durable and sturdy
- Made of a heavy-duty frame
- Has rotational joints
- Size is small at this price point
- Not extendable
5. Strong Fine Mesh Fall Prevention Safety Net for Baby
Only keeping a baby gate for stairs isn’t enough, you need something more to keep your baby extra safe.
No need to rush to the other sites to find that, because you are getting it here.
Not only stairs but balcony too, baby while seeing the world through it usually throw the shoe, toys and things then you have to run to get it. But no more run and throwing of thing.
Because now, you can use a fine mesh to keep your baby and baby’s stuff safe. It is made of superior quality fabric and it enables the baby to see through it as much as possible.
Along with this, it is perfect to use in any weather because it will not affect by any.
Most importantly, to clean it you do not have to take off the whole mess but simply use a wet cloth and soap.
Moreover, if you do not have much space, that’s not an issue as it is easy to fold and does not need much space.
- Made of thick hard mesh
- Allow baby to see through the net as it is made of honeycomb designed
- Weather resistance
- Waterproof and easy to install
- Easy to fold and store
- Durable and long-lasting use
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor use
- Keep the baby and pet safe
- Easy to clean with soap and wet cloth
- We are not sure of the durability yet
- With white colour, it will look dirtier often
6. HIPPO Indoor Balcony Baby Safety Net with Eyelets
Keep your baby safe; when he is going in the balcony and staircase, it is basically a net that keeps the baby secure and his shoes and toys. Along with this, it is available in different colors and sizes, so buy accordingly.
Moreover, it can be used outside and inside of the home, also it is easy to install and wash. Most importantly, it is weather-resistant, so, no need to worry about usage.
- Keep your baby safe in the balcony and staircase.
- Available in different colors and sizes, so buy accordingly
- It can be used outside and inside of the home
- Long-lasting use
- Easy to use and wash
- Net is not transparent
7. Kiddale Baby Safety Balcony Staircase Net: Heavy-Duty
Your baby is going to peek out of the distance between the grills of the staircase and balcony, which might result in falling.
On top of it, it is not just baby; baby’s things too, baby the tend to through things from the gap that can hurt others. But now, you can use the safety net made of thick polyester fabric to keep it in perfect condition.
Next, you do not have to worry about anything because the mesh is designed to prevent the passing of the thing. Further, it is large and is easy to install, there your baby goes all safe.
- Made of a thick polyester fabric keeps it in perfect condition
- The mesh is designed to prevent the passing of the thing
- Easy to install
- It does not block the view
- It can be used inside and outside
- Includes durable locks, keep baby and pets safe
- Required less maintenance/
- Quality could be improved
What is a Safety Gate?
What is the safest baby gate?
The safety gate is the barrier that is made to prevent your baby from entering the place or room where they can get hurt.
Also check, 8 Best Baby Record Book Reviews
Which Baby Gate is Best?
Kurtzy Metal safety gates are the best baby gate because of these reasons,
- Automatically closes
- It is durable as it has a heavy-duty frame
- Has double locking system
- Open in two directions
- Effortless to install
Do You Need the Baby Safety Gate?
To babyproof the home to prevent you from the dangerous room, staircases, etc you need the baby safety gates.
When Should You Start Using the Baby Safety Gates?
When should you start using baby gates? Or when should you buy a safety gate?
Use the baby safety gates before starting to crawl and scoot. This usually happens around 5 months.
Don’t miss, How to Help Baby Walk Independently in Seconds?
What Age Do You Stop Using Baby Gates?
You can stop using the baby safety gate once your baby learns how to climb or open or close the safety gate.
What Are the Tips of Concerning Use and Installation of the Baby Safety Gates?
- Always buy the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association certified safety gates
- Never try to climb the baby safety gates in front of your baby, as it can generate an idea
- Always keep the door close
- Prevent installing the safety gate on the top of stairways as it can result in tripping
- To ensure durability, install the safety gates in-wall, and wood
- Your safety gates should block access at the bottom and too, both
- To prevent entrapment risk, don’t install the safety gates too high
- For extension, create the barricade around an unordinary place
FAQs On Baby Safety Gates
- How do I choose a baby gate?
Choose a gate according to the width of the gate, then choose the which type of data you want, i.e., hardware mounted and pressure mounted safety gates.
- Are pressure mounted baby gates safe for the top of stairs?
No, pressure mounted baby gates are not safe for the top stairs. Therefore, do not use the pressure mounted gate on top of the stairs.
- What is the best baby gate for top of stairs?
Baybee Auto Close Safety Baby Gate-Extra Tall Durable Dog Gate with Extension Door is the best baby gate for top of stairs. It has a safety lock with two touch release, that is simple for you to unlock. Later, closes automatically just with a push.
- How long should you use baby gates?
You can use the baby gates from the age of 5-6 months to around 2-3 years.
With the help of the baby gates for safety and net, you can make your home safe for your baby just like that. Keep your baby in a place that is safe and secure.
You should definitely try Kurtzy Metal safety gates. It is an affordable/cheap safety gate. And, if you are in a hurry and forget to close the door don’t worry, it closes automatically with the help of the gravity-fed hinge. You can make most of it because this safety gate has wheels for it’s easy to slide.
Most of all, you can relocate it easily as it does not fit in the wall or door permanently.
Later, with physical safety, you need to feed your baby with healthy food as it also contributes to the development of the baby. To make food at home you can use the best baby food makers and food blender.
One point to be noted that you might find the baby safety gate expensive but let me tell you it is worthy.
You might not get all the features of an expensive product in a less expensive one. After all, our baby’s safety is the topmost priority.
There your baby go, crawling and walking safely with these 7 best baby safety gates for stairs in India.