Is your baby 6 months old? Is your baby a 3-year-old? If you want to really go for the best baby cribs, do notice whether your baby has reached this age limit.
That’s because BabyCart really cares for the safety of your baby. But before that let’s jump to a most asked question and its very specific answer.
6 Best Baby Cots/Cribs in India
|Preview||Baby Cots/Cribs||Rating||Buy Link|
|1. R for Rabbit Hide & Seek Baby Cot/Crib|
– Best Budget
|2. BabyTeddy 9-in-1 Wooden Cot|
– Best Overall
|3. Dream On Me Pine Wood 5-in-1|
– Best Rated
|4. Fisher-Price Joy Wood Crib/Cot for Baby||4.4/5||Check Price|
|5. Tofo Comfort Store Baby Crib, Cot||4.2/5||Check Price|
|6. LuvLap Baby Wooden Cot Swing & Mosquito Net||3.5/5||Check Price|
What is the difference between a baby crib, cot, cradle, bassinet, playpen, and playard?
Cribs and cots are made for newborn babies to a 6-8-month-old baby. The main difference is: Cots are small beds with high secure barred/closed sides with long wood or metal which also have storage drawers, hanging toys, wheels, and other features.
While cribs are simple beds with barred sides and no extra features.
A bassinet is a very small sleeping bed just for newborns only.
Lastly, a playpen is a small area or enclosure in a bed where a baby can play also. And, playard as the name says, it’s a big area or yard where many kids/babies can roam around and play.
Huh! now the doubt is clear or not? So here we go with our list of the 6 best baby cots/cribs in India.
However, before using the baby crib, you need to carry on these safety features because there are certain don’ts while the baby rests in the crib.
For example: Never keep loose bedding sheets, blankets, or pillows in the territory of the baby. They all must be away from the baby’s reach.
When your baby is in a drowsy state make sure you lie him on the back. Just like on a sleeping bed. The sleep surface should also be firm. Keep the baby in the same room where you are resting. It’s always better to keep the crib in the vicinity of the baby.
We do recommend you buy a crib as soon as possible because sometimes the mother or father is intoxicated by certain medicines. Hence, there is no sure shot of whether the baby will be safe besides your cognitive behavior.
Bumper pads are a strict no to all kinds of cribs. If you prefer to keep the crib in the other room take the help of certain monitors or devices that will promise you a vision of the baby’s position of sleeping.
6 Best Baby Cots/Cribs in India Detailed Reviews!
1. R for Rabbit Hide and Seek Baby Bed – Best Baby Cot/Crib in India
– Best Budget
Why should people or parents buy this?
Do you know that the best baby cots/cribs are promoting these amazing features – 4 sided Air Mesh-Provides the best kind of ventilation?
The Bassinet layer and mattress make it one of the best-rated convertible baby cribs. The product has a double bassinet layer which makes the place just too comfortable for the baby. Even if your baby is a newborn, you can trust this product.
It is also the best convertible crib for short moms as the bassinet layer is removable. It then turns into a small cot.
I personally rate it as one of the best safest baby cribs because it grows with the child, and provides all the adjustments required for the well-being and growth of the child. That means you get a perfect combination of a baby play yard as well as a toddler play yard.
Also, there is another feature that makes it stand among the best-rated convertible baby cribs – The combination of its wheels and legs makes the product steady and stable. It’s easily portable throughout the house.
- Bassinet layer makes the crib an ideal position for comfort.
- Because of the good ventilation in the air sides, verified purchasers like its 4 in 1 Air Mesh feature.
- It is highly durable and is easy to use until 3 years of age.
- The toy bar serves a good source of playtime for the little one.
- Highly safe as its certified EN 716 European Standard.
- It has a mosquito net and protects the baby from all kinds of deadly diseases.
- Easy to install and fold back
- Highly spacious
- Wheels make the product portable and hence it is not transferable from one room to another.
- Verified purchasers tag their fabric in the list of world-class fabrics.
- The mattress is hard and needs to be worked upon
- Expensive product
Alternative at a slightly lower price
The reason to buy this:
It’s one of the best baby cots/cribs because of its travel and storage convenience. Also, it’s compact and easy to fold and carry. It’s one of the safest baby cribs because it carries the EN standard of certification also.
Though not wheel-bottomed, its durable frame and the easy folding system make it among the best brands for convertible cribs. It’s a good play Yard hence for travel.
It’s among the best-rated baby convertible baby cribs because its airy mesh has 2 sides for ventilation and visibility.
It’s really among the best convertible baby cribs because it has 2 handy wheels which make it convenient to travel from one place to another.
The other safety features include the zipper door and the mosquito net.
The zipper door allows the baby to zip in and out out of the crib, thus promoting his own safety zone for play. Like in playpen/playard.
- Amazing playpen for crawling beginners.
- Side mesh is transparent and the baby can have a view of the other family members. You can even switch on the Cartoon Network for the lit to watch from its resting position.
- Easy to assemble the product.
- The base is of good quality cardboard and sponge. Hence it’s strong.
- There are no worries of your baby banging its head on the support pipes, the design is quite spacious.
- Lightweight and hence easy to shift it from one room to the other.
- The mattress is thin and you might need an additional mattress for the comfort of the baby.
- Mosquito net needs to be worked upon
– Best Overall
Why should parents buy this?
Yea, it might be a bit costly. However, it does stand on the list of best baby cots in India. The features which make it stand up to this level are:
- It has a soft rocking feature and it’s absolutely science-based.
- It just requires a gentle touch of yours and the baby dozing off to sleep.
- It’s also the best convertible cribs for small spaces because its huge storage can be packet inside the large storage box provided underneath. Hence you see how portable and handy it is.
- There are separate sockets available in the product where you can keep diapers, clothes, toys, grooming kit, etc.
- It has a good color design which matches almost every piece of furniture in your room.
Babies are fond of chewing every single piece of toy they find in front of them. They are no less than puppies, isn’t it? BabyCart takes the responsibility of informing you that this amazon product has teething rails on both sides of the crib.
Thus your baby never swallows wooden flecks or even a tiny piece of that golden pearl.
Actually, this product is the best safest baby crib. Because even its bedding set is completely odorless and tasteless. It’s also easy to wash and hypoallergenic.
It’s the best solid wood baby crib because it comes with additional features like fillers and pillows. With all its features, I would say this is one of the best baby cots. Also, if you are planning to create the best nursery for your baby. Here is the complete checklist to create a baby nursery.
- Serves as a side bed.
- Easy convertible into a study table.
- It’s a playpen!
- Huge storage space available, which is easily lockable.
- The rocking function is soft, which is gentle for the baby to sleep.
- Made up of completely environmentally friendly components.
- Has a teething rail
- The mattress is not that thick. Additional Mattress needs to be bought to make the baby comfortable.
- Guide book needs to be changed and thus more detailed.
- High price product.
– Best Rated
Why should parents buy this?
It’s a USA imported product. It’s the best convertible crib for small spaces as it has a 3 in 1 role. Easily to convert to a toddler bed, a day bed, and even a full-size bed. It’s the best solid wood convertible crib especially from New Zealand with a finish.
So, I would say this is one of the premium best baby cots which is sturdy and simple attractive design.
- Imported from the USA.
- Easy to assemble the product.
- It has ample space and you need not worry when the kid starts its first movements.
- Adjustable heights.
- Easily convertible to a toddler bed.
- Finishing is too good and no sharp edges as reviewed by one of the purchasers.
- Made of light wood but still hard enough.
- Easy to attach to the bed.
- Compatible till 3 years of age.
- No mattress provided.
- Converting it into a toddler bed is a hassle as you need to buy shorter rails for the process.
- It does not have wheels.
4. Fisher-Price Joy Wood Crib/Cot for Baby– Best Baby Crib in India
Fisher-Price Crib/Cot is one of the best baby cots/cribs in India because it’s perfectly ideal even for 3-year-old babies. It’s one of the safest baby cribs as it supports virgin plastic teething rail on both sides.
It’s one of best rated convertible baby cribs because it’s very much portable. Besides being designed with solid season wood, it’s good for small spaces because of the dimensions. It is one of the best baby cots in multiple colors.
- Easy to assemble.
- Takes minimum space, hence good for homes.
- It looks very stylish.
- Mattress and bedding are of good quality.
- Wheels are of good quality.
- Wooden sticks might be dangerous for your baby, additional bumpers should be bought.
- The base of the crib is a bit fragile and to be worked upon.
- Highly expensive.
Why should you buy this?
It’s among the best convertible cribs in India providing 3 in 1 functions of cot, rocker, and playpen. Talking about the cot, the wheel rod is turned downward, and if you want to switch to the rocker mode, you can always turn the wheel rod upward and lock it.
Among its safety features include the mosquito net and zipper entrance. There are removable mattresses also and a pillow too. The product is highly durable and of good quality.
It can be easily used because it’s easy for the washcloth. The cloth is also very attractive with the premium quality prints.
- Quite affordable.
- Bassinet layer provided for the safety and comfort of the baby.
- Highly attractive color and design.
- Rocker and playpen make the product worth the price.
- Most of the verified purchasers say it’s a good quality product.
- Has 2 in 1 swing feature and the rocking feature.
- Difficult to assemble.
- Not safe for babies to roll over.
- It cannot be attached to the bed.
- Height setting, not present
If you are searching for the best wooden baby cribs, the Luv lap baby wooden cot c-10 is definitely a good choice. It’s among the best baby crib in India and is made of pinewood with a polished finish.
This solid wood baby crib also carries the European standard certification and is therefore tagged in the list of best safest baby cribs. It’s the best convertible crib for short moms as well as the best brand for convertible cots. The reason- it is easy to convert to a cradle.
Though it does not have a wheeled bottom people regard it as the best-rated convertible baby crib because it has a mosquito net. The cot base is fabric wrapped enabling good airflow.
So, even if your baby is a newborn, we recommend it for the safety of your baby. Its recommended maximum weight is 15 kg.
- Easily attachable to sides of the parent’s bed.
- Settings are available depending on the height of the bed and can be assured accordingly. All total 3 levels of height adjustment.
- Verified purchasers love the rocker mode, as babies sleep quite fast with it.
- It has a good storage space for toys to be stored in.
- The mosquito net is of good quality and goes upto the length of the floor.
- It can be converted to a study table!
- Portable since it has wheels and safe since the wheels are equipped with brakes.
- Difficult to assemble and needs expert guidance.
- Wheels need to be improved because they have a chance of flipping out and converting themselves into the rocker mode.
- Makes friction noise, which might be disturbing for the baby.
What are the Types of Baby Crib/Cot?
1. Standard Crib
Standard cribs are simple cribs without any decoration. These are perfect for the parent who is planning to have several kids because these are strong and durable as well as are available in different designs.
Standard cribs are available in different designs; square, rectangle, and round. These are considered the best baby cots in India.
- Available in various designs
- Ideal for permanent homes because these are not portable
- Large and has a sturdy construction
2. Economy Crib
As the name suggests, it is a pocket-friendly crib because it is made of less expensive material and hardware. Though economy cribs could have a simple finish and design but those two qualities are enough to make it the best budget crib.
- Lightweight, hence, portable
3. Convertible Crib
This is also known as a 3-in-1 crib or lifetime crib. As the name implies, you can change the convertible crib with the baby’s growth.
Here are the 3 things you can do,
- It could be changed into a toddler bed
- By adding the third step, you can change it into a daybed or full bed
- Perfect if you planning to have no more kids
- The ideal solution for long term solution
- Comes with evergreen design or color scheme
Though it seems to be perfect, it comes with a high amount of money.
If you often travel, then a travel crib should be your choice. Because of its easy installation and lightweight, you can carry it anywhere.
- Soft and lightweight, perfect to store
- Has mesh or aluminum construction, hence sturdy
- Easy to install
- Comes with storage bag
However, it is not ideal for regular use.
If you are looking for something that you can use for a while then a baby bassinet is the perfect option. Above all, you can also watch out for your baby, even when you lie on your bed.
- Ideal if you live in an apartment or flat because it does not need much space
- Enable you to keep an eye on the baby even when you are lying
- Some advanced models come up back and forth motion, that allows you to make baby sleep
- Only recommended for the baby of 3-6 months
6. Mini Crib/Portable Crib
If you don’t want to have a bassinet, then you can choose the mini crib that is also ideal for a small home, flats, apartments, etc. However, it comes with amazing features that will roll up your mind such as mattress height adjustment feature, castor wheels, etc.
- Ideal for small homes
- Includes advanced features like mattress height adjustment, etc
- Ensure portability as it has castor wheels
7. Multi-purpose Crib
As the name suggests, these cribs are attached to the changing tables, or cabinetry, and more. This will enable you to use it for several purposes. Apart from this, it also comes with various shelves, drawers, etc.
Above all, some advanced models come as convertible cribs too, though, the price of these could be high.
- Can be used for various purpose
- Some models come in convertible models
However, these are expensive as well as there is the risk that the baby can pull himself out on the changing table or dresser and fall.
8. Round Crib
These are cribs in a round or oval shape. Because of these round shapes, these are stylish as well as mixed well in the decorative furniture of yours. Above all, as it does not have corners, it is believed that babies won’t get hurt in the same.
- Stylish and mix well with furniture
- Seems safe because it lacks corners
- Easy to access
- Some advanced models come in a convertible option as well as some change into the playpen
What are the Factors to Consider Before Buying Baby Crib Online? (17 Factors)
1. Does Your Baby Crib Have Various Features Concerning Mattress?
Let’s start with, height adjustment of the mattress. Full-size cribs come with at least 2 height adjustment features. However, some advanced cribs offer 3-4 mattress height adjustment features.
Why is this feature important?
Well, this feature ensures that your baby is safe and won’t fall. For this, lower the mattress as your baby learns to pull up or sit, this happened usually between the age of 6-8 months.
Though, always buy a crib that provides easy adjustment because some cribs need professional help.
Also, ensure that the mattress support and top of the crib rail have a distance of at least 26 inches.
Now let’s jump to another aspect, which is mattress support. Hence, buy a mattress that has a metal frame suspended with rigid strings.
To be noted some mattress support comes with the one-piece board, on the other hand, others come with metal hangers that are screwed in the wooden frame. As it provides support to the grid frame of spring-wire or a grid of wood slats.
Ensure to keep the mattress support safe, to prevent it from dislodging.
Moreover, ensure that the mattress of the crib is non-saggy when the baby sleeps on it as well as it should not have space around the sides.
2. Are Drop Slides Safe?
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission regulate the drop slides because they could take your baby out when lowered when using full-sized and portable cribs.
3. How Safe is Your Baby Crib?
For the safety of your baby, the cribs contain bars, slats, and spindles which are fitted in the holes in the top and bottom of the rails. Further, these are nailed and glued. The small holes are made by nails filled and covered to ensure a smooth finish.
The essential safety standard for the baby crib is that the slats of the crib should not be apart from 2 3/8 inches. However, if we talk about corner posts or finials then it should be either more than 16 inches high or less than 1/16 inches. This will prevent the baby’s cloth from being caught in the crib.
4. Is Your Baby Crib Convertible?
You want to save money, then you can buy the convertible crib, which will help you to use it as a toddler bed by removing the sides.
Though, to use some convertible as a toddler bed, you need to buy the other parts such as bed rails, stabilizing rails, or support rails.
You can also buy a convertible crib that would change into a full-sized bed. Yet, you need to buy a mattress, rails to prevent the baby from rolling down, a headboard (long side of the crib), and another side would be a footboard.
The headboard of the crib should be hard as well as should not have a decorative cut out as pointy embellishment can hurt the baby or could catch the baby’s cloth.
5. Does Your Crib Has Teething Rails?
During the teething phase, your baby is going to gnaw the rail of the crib too. Hence, to protect the baby’s teeth and gum buy a crib with teething rails. Teething rails are basically smooth and have plastic covering over the top side of the rails.
Teething rails should be crack-resistant.
6. What is Single Drop Gates in a Crib?
A single drop gate in a crib allows you to lower a side of the crib, not the entire side. This does not make it easier for you to get the baby out of it, but also prevents problems that could be caused if the full side of the crib drops.
7. What Material is Used to Make the Crib?
The material of the crib is also essential, generally, cribs are made of wood, however, you can also find it other material, depending on which type of crib you are buying.
You can crib made of dark wood finish, however, if you want to go for lighter stains, then you should go for cribs made of natural woods, oaks, maples, or classic white. To be noted, a little splintering or peeling of paint is fine, until it could hurt your baby.
Though, I would advise you to go for the cribs with a smooth finish as it lessens the chances of your baby being hurt.
8. Does Your Crib Have a Caster or Wheels for Portability?
Wheels make it effortless to take a crib anywhere in your home. Some cribs come with plastic or metal furniture caster wheels, which swivel too.
However, if you want to go for a crib without wheels, no worries you can go for them because one way or another you have to disassemble the crib because it does not fit in the standard door because it is wide.
When buying a crib with castors, ensure that it should have the lock to avert the movement of the same due to the baby’s movements.
9. Don’t Forget to Check the Bottom Drawer of the Crib
The drawer of the crib is important. Some cribs include one or two drawers under the mattress support structure, on the other hand, mostly some are rolled out from under it. Additionally, few have drawers attached to the small end of the same.
So, before choosing any crib, you need to check the construction of the drawer by pulling the drawer out. Always prefer buying a drawer with a hard base.
10. Is Your Baby Crib Sturdy?
Buy a crib that does not wobble but should be strong and sturdy. If it is wobbling, then you need to check out the contraction of the same.
11. What is it You are Putting in the Crib?
You should not place anything in the baby’s crib because the toys, strings, cords, etc on his face while sleeping could result in suffocation.
12. What is the Shape of the Crib?
If you are looking for a stylish crib then you should go for the cocoon-like or oval crib. Though, finding the mattress for these could be tough.
13. Is Your Crib Environment Safe?
Various cribs focus on the crib that is made of environmentally safe material as well as safe. These cribs use non-toxic paints, sustainable wood as well as organic fabric or covers.
14. Is Your Crib Certified?
Always buy a crib that is CPSC, ASTM, and JPMA certified. The certification of the crib ensures that it has cleared safety standards.
15. Does Your Baby Crib is Easy to Install?
Buy an effortless to-install crib that would save your time and effort.
16. Does Your Crib Come Under Warranty?
Buy a crib that comes under warrant, this will allow you to replace and repair it when needed.
17. How Much You Have to Pay for Crib?
The price of the crib could be different on which type of crib you are buying.
How Long Should Your Crib be Used?
Your baby can use them when he reaches the age of 3-4 months. While some toddlers are ready to use the bed around the age of 18 months, however, some might take time till the age of 30 months.
Some of the signs that your baby is ready to sleep on the bed,
- When a baby learns to climb the crib and outgrows the crib
- Your baby is learning to potty training
- You are pregnant all over again
Can You Continue to Use the Crib as the Baby Grows?
Yes! You can use the convertible crib and transform it into a toddler bed and a further full-size bed.
All you have to do is to buy a convertible crib and a 3-in-1 crib. To add, ensure to buy effortlessly to assemble so that you can yourself assemble instead of investing money over professional.
What are the Precautions to be Taken When Using Baby Cots/Crib?
- Don’t use the antique or used crib and bassinet
- Before putting your baby into crib check whether it is chipped or has a smooth surface
- Ensure that the slant spacing in the crib is not more than 2 3/8 inches
- Don’t put anything in the crib or above the crib
- Make sure that the crib should be crack-less, should be free from rough edges, and more
- Keep your baby’s crib away from the dangled object, as it could hurt the baby,
- Adjust the height of the mattress accordingly
- Keep an eye on the crib hardware when the baby starts moving
- Check the corner post of the crib can catch the baby’s cloth
- Avert using heavy blankets in the crib
- Don’t use a used crib because it might be broken, lacks new safety features, etc
- Never use wedges and sleep positioner
- Make sure that that crib is installed perfectly
- Make sure that mattress support should not be broken
- The mattress should be perfect fits in the crib
- If you are going out and reserving the crib there, ensure that it is perfectly disinfected and is up to mark or not
FAQs on Baby Cots/Cribs
What is the best convertible crib to buy?
If you ask me, the best convertible crib to buy is the DREAM ON ME PINEWOOD FINISH SYNERGY 5 IN 1. Its specifically imported from the USA and just because it has a multiple function advantage of converting to any type of bed, be it toddler bed, day bed, or even a full-size bed.
What is the best crib for a newborn?
Well, my sister has become a new mommy and her lit is just 7 days old. I gifted her the R FOR RABBIT HIDE AND SEEK BABY BED-SMART FOLDING BABY COT/CRIB(GREY). It has just every feature that is required for the safety of the newborn. Some of its features include a mosquito net and the bassinet. The bassinet comes in a double layer.
When should you buy a crib for a baby?
A crib is a definite yes to at every stage of the baby’s life. Especially if both you and your husband are working parents.Because after a tiresome day, you too need the best amount of space on the bed to rest on. You might be taking medicines that release cognitive actions on your body. So the baby should not be kept on the bed. He desperately needs a crib.
Is the convertible crib worth it?
Convertible cribs are worth the money, because you as a working parent, are sure to have a travel freak mindset. Being a travel freak you need to carry the baby’s crib around to fit around at all places. The convertible cribs give the advantage because they can be converted into a rocker or a cradle or a cot or a crib or a play pan.
Are cribs safe for babies?
Cribs are safe for babies when looked upon the following safety features: Must be certified with European Standard health mark. Should have a teething rill on both sides of the grill, because the little panda has the habit of chewing every alternative article besides him. No clothes or toys should be kept beside the baby in the crib. The baby should lie flat on his back in the crib. Parents are to monitor their babies constantly through CCTV cameras.
How do you buy a baby crib?
Avoid drop-side cribs because they are no longer considered as safe as about 32 infant deaths have passed history due to this model. Drop-side cribs lower one portion of the crib and raise the other portion to take the baby out. It's dangerous. No accepting used cribs or avoid buying second-hand cribs.
Summarising all the best baby cots/cribs in India, let’s make it clear which one is best for you. First, R for Rabbit hide and seek baby bed-smart folding baby cot/crib- provides the best ventilation with its 4 mesh air surfaces. If your baby is prematurely asthmatic or has respiratory issues, we recommend you to use this.
Second, Luvlap baby wooden cot c-10 with swing and mosquito net – Looking for making your wooden bedroom more gorgeous? Go for this as it has the best pinewood polished surface.
Baby Teddy 9 in 1 convertible Bruno and mosquito net – Well if you have a small space for the baby’s belongings in your house, this crib is a very good choice because it provides the best of storage sockets for all the baby’s clothes, kids toys, baby diapers, and other necessary things.
Fisher-Price joy wood crib/cot for baby -If your lit is 1 year old and still has not accumulated the habit of sleeping quietly with you on the bed, this is the best choice. It is very safe even for the 3-year-old.
Luvlap Sunshine baby playpen play card/folding baby bed cum cot -A good play yard for your ninja baby. It’s also highly portable and easy to carry with its two-wheel grip just like the walkers.
Comfort Store sturdy baby crib, cot, rocker, play pan – It’s really worth the money you pay, for it, convertible to just anything be it crib or cot or rocker or play pan. Dream on me pinewood finish synergy 5 in 1 – Imported from the US.
If you still have any kind of doubt in choosing the best baby cots in India, do let us know in the comments below. We would love to help you.