Are you aware of the fact that improving breastfeeding rates are good for maternal and baby health?
However, it is not as easy as eating pie.
Well, the good news is that breast pumps have been used as an incentive for breastfeeding, yes! You heard it right!
And the only reason behind this is that the study highlights that the use of breast pumps increases a high proportion of expressed milk in mothers, yet, its effectiveness is still unclear.
Moreover, no research has been conducted on the women’s and health professionals’ perspectives on the use of breast pumps as an incentive for breastfeeding.
So, as we can see, a breast pump is helpful for a mother.
5 Best Electric/Manual Breast Pump in India Reviews
|Preview||Breast Pump||Rating||Buy Link|
|1. Philips Avent Manual Breast Pump|
– Best Budget Manual Pump
|2. Philips Avent Single Best Electric Breast Pump|
– Best Electric Breast Pump
|3. NatureBond Manual Silicone Breastfeeding||4.6/5||Check Price|
|4. Medela Electric Breast Pump Swing||4.2/5||Check Price|
|5. Trumom Electric Breast Pump Milk||4.1/5||Check Price|
1. Philips Avent Manual Breast Pump
– Best Budget
It has a breast shield design and also has a flexed small funnel that enables you to sit in a relaxed position while expressing and allows the flow of milk in the container directly.
Secondly, you can control it with your fingertip due to its ergonomic design, and further, it allows you to put a closed seal on the breast that helps you in pumping conveniently.
Third, your child will not be able to detect the difference as the pump completely imitates the sucking and allows you to easily press the soft petals cushion to accelerate the slow flow of milk. While you can use baby organic products to keep your infant energetic and healthy.
Although it also facilitates the feeding of babies anywhere as it has a transportable breast pump due to its lightweight and tiny size.
It is transportable, isn’t it?
You can take it anywhere without worrying about the space and storage of the milk.
- Encourage sucking naturally and allows mothers to sit in a comfortable position during expressing
- It has a soft petal massage cushion
- Small, portable and ready to go breast pump
- The ergonomic technique helps mothers to control it with fingertips
- Closed seal
- Stimulate the slow flow of milk
- Convenient to clean
- To padlock it includes biological nipples
- Includes both, feeding bottle and feeding nipples
- Cannot be clean in the dishwasher
- Might lessen the pressure after washing
It is affordable and its breast pump is small and is lightweight, further it is ensured that you can use it comfortably. Although you have to clean it on your own as washing it in a dishwasher or using a sterilizer affects its pressure.
2. Electric Breast Pump – Philips Avent Single Best Electric Breast Pump
– Best Overall
Sometimes expressing hurts, doesn’t it?
To make expression easy for you, Philips comes with a remarkable design that enables you to collect the milk directly into a container and bottle.
What does it mean?
It means while using this electric pump you do not have to lean but simply sit in a comfortable position. It is the best electric breast pump, am I right?
Now, you do not have to do anything, but simply sit and switch it on and with a gentle incitement, milk starts flowing. Then, for more comfort, it provides a warm sensation to your skin with its velvet texture.
After that, you can choose a flow of milk out of the 3 choices you have.
To add, it imitates the natural sucking with its petal cushion, again, its wide nipple shape encourages natural latch. That blends the bottle and breast. To add, its tubes are designed to prevent spillage and are designed for discreet expression.
Isn’t it, the best electric breast pump and is perfect for the stage of 0-6 months.
- BPA free
- Has a remarkable design that enables you to collect the milk directly into a container and bottle
- Do not have to lean but simply sit in a comfortable position
- Provides a warm sensation to your skin with its velvet texture
- Choose a flow of milk out of 3 expression setting
- Imitates the natural sucking with its petal cushion
- Its wide nipple shape encourages natural latch
- Its tubes are designed to prevent spillage
- Designed for discreet expression
- Tubing between motor and pump is small
- Outside suction could be improve
- Some buyers commented that they still have to lean
- Suction feels slow
Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump BPA-Free
Obviously, everyone wants to feel comfortable especially when it comes to the delicate part of the body like the breast. We come with an electric breast pump that is not only the best electric pump but is soft and comfortable too.
In addition, it is made with a technology that allows you to individually modify the flow of the milk cycle and suction, which is up to 8 suction and 6 cycles.
Furthermore, it is easy to clean and prevent the blockage of milk in the tube with a letdown switch.
To add more, it works with the help of an adapter and batteries both, with that it is BPA free and is convenient to use.
- Comfortable, easy to use and BPA free
- Works with the help of adapter and batteries works
- Made with a technology that allows you to individually modify the flow of milk cycle and suction, that is up to 8 suction and 6 cycles
- Easy to clean and portable
- Prevent the blockage of milk in the tube with a letdown switch
- Includes double electric pump, bottles, lids, white valves, at the adapter, etc
- The price could be lower
- Not available in multiple colours at the time of writing this article.
3. NatureBond Silicone Breastfeeding Manual Breast Pump
Every group has that one person, who is different from others, right?
Well, just like that, I have included a manual breast pump in between all the electric breast pumps. Let’s see why I have included it here.
It is the best manual breast pump, it is affordable to buy, and also it allows you to collect milk in a silicone container without the use of hands. Secondly, it is completely safe and secure for both you and your infant to use as it has an airtight vacuum package.
Third, it is completely safe to use by the child as it is made with BPA-free plastics as well as certified by Testing, Inspection, and Certification (TIC) world leaders i.e., Bureau Veritas.
Obviously, the safety of your infant comes first right?
And here you are getting the best breast pump for your infants that ensures the safety of your toddler.
Further, the silicone is soft and comfortable to use along with this you can use it without a hand due to its lightweight and it does not require any wire.
To add, if you are worried that it will take a lot of time to clean a breast pump then you are wrong as you can clean it easily and also can use a sterilizer, all these features make it the best manual pump to use.
- It collects milk with the help of realistic suction of milk
- Airtight vacuum prevent spilling of milk unlike another silicone pump
- Saves milk on another side due to its lightweight and hand free use
- Does not create pumping noise
- Silicone vacuum is BPA free
- Certified by world leader Bureau Veritas
- Can be wash in a dishwasher
- It’s weight increase when it is used with Patented pump strap
Although it is the best manual breast pump as its weight enhances when used with a patented pump strap the rest of its features withstand your necessities from being secured and easy to use to certified and is chemical-free.
How will you resist buying this product? It is one of the best manual pumps for traveling at an affordable price, although you can also buy Philips Avent Breast Pumps Manual Breast Pump which is comfortable and secure to use but is expensive.
4. Medela Electric Breast Pump Swing
Do you want an electric pump for frequent use? It is one of the best electric breast pumps in India as it allows you to modify the vacuum and has 2 phase automatic expression. Additionally, it works with the adapter or batteries too, which makes it portable.
It not only imitates natural sucking but also expresses fast at the rhythm of 120 cycles per minute, i.e., stimulation phase. Another is a slow pumping rhythm phase, which expresses 45-72 cycles per minute, which is called the expression phase.
Consequently, you have perfect control over the number of cycles per minute, as its knob is blended with the vacuum level. Its LED informs you if it is working or not and is easy to store in a carrier bag and is portable.
Later, it does not become a barrier in any of your work as it allows you to perform every movement.
- Modify the vacuum
- Has 2 phase automatic expression, i.e., expresses fast at the rhythm of 120 cycles per minute, i.e., stimulation phase. Another is a slow pumping rhythm phase, which expresses 45-72 cycles per minute, which is called the expression phase
- Works with the adapter or batteries
- Portable and imitates natural sucking
- Has two pumping option
- Easy to control
- Perfect control over the number of cycles per minute, as its knob is blended with the vacuum level
- LED informs you if it is working or not
- Do not become a barrier in any of your work as it allows you to perform every movement
- Under warranty of 1 year
- Price could be lower
- The vacuum does not fit in the bottle, claimed by customers
- Suction could be better
- Uses a lot of battery
- Milk extraction bottle is not leakproof, claimed by customers
- Feeding bottle does not work properly
5. Trumom Electric Breast Pump Review – Milk Advance Rechargeable Battery
Are you looking for an electric breast pump that you can use anywhere? Is it possible?
Certainly, this electric pump comes with an adapter and lanyard that allow you to express milk anywhere. It is rechargeable and works for 2 hours when fully charged.
Further, it is made with 5 stage massage technology, have you heard of it before?
If not, do not worry, here it means it has 5 distinct stages such as massage phase, expression phase, stimulation phase, and more. While the expression electric pump softly massages your breast.
With 5 stage massage technology, it has 9 stages that allow you to choose the level of suction accordingly. This is one of the best electric breast pumps as it comes with a PPSU gold bottle, i.e., has a hard-wearing that allows you to store milk.
For more safety, every part of the electric pump is made under medical-grade material. To add, it is heat resistant too.
- Come with the adapter and lanyard, that allows you to express milk anywhere
- Rechargeable and works for 2 hours when fully charged
- Has automatic 5 stage massage techniques such as massage phase, expression phase, stimulation phase, and more
- Soft and comfortable
- 9 stages that allow you to choose the level of suction
- Comes with a PPSU gold bottle, i.e., has a hard-wearing that allows you to store milk
- Every part of the electric pump is made under medical-grade material
- Under warranty
- Heat resistant and durable
- Easy to clean (use bottle sterilizers)
- Suction power could be improved
- Sometimes only work when plugin and does not work effectively even when charged, claimed by buyers
- Sometimes painful, commented by customers
- The rubber used for suction could be improved
- A nipple that comes along does not work
Deciding which electric pump is best, is a bit difficult. Let’s make it easy for you.
What are the Types of Breast Pump?
1. Manual Breast Pump
In the manual breast pump, you use your hands to create suction and express milk. Further, the expressed milk gets collected in the attached container.
Additionally, some manual breast pumps have small tubes that are pumped in and out of a large tube, that generate the vacuum to express the breast milk. Then collect the breast milk in the attached container.
Apart from this, there is one more type of manual breast pump that is termed a bicycle horn pump. This consists of a hollow rubber ball that is attached to the breast shield. However, the use of the manual breast pump is not encouraged because these are tough to clean.
Manual breast pumps only have single breast pumps, which means you can only express milk from milk at a time.
2. Electric Breast Pumps
These are typical of two types, that is battery-powered and electric pumps.
Electric breast pumps either use a battery or cord plugged in an electric outlet that provides power to the small motor that creates suction to express the milk. It could have one or more large tubes that connect to the breast shield of the electric pump.
Though, to control the suction it comes with the control panel or dial, or switch.
Along with this, some electric breast pumps can be adjusted to create varied patterns of suction like imitating a baby’s nursing or let-down, i.e., the natural reflex that begins the release of milk.
Generally, you would find that an electric breast pump could offer you two types of pumping that are single or double. A single electric breast pump allows you to express milk from one breast at a time.
However, a double electric breast pump allows you to express milk from both breasts at a time.
How to Buy a Breast Pump? (18 Complete Factors)
1. Does Your Breast Pump Have a Single or Double Pump?
As the name suggests, the single pump only consists of one pumping cup. That means you can only express milk from a breast at a time. However, a double pump allows you to express milk from both breasts because it has two pumping cups.
Though, if you are looking for the portability factor, then this single electric breast pump should be your choice. Along with this, a single breast pump is a perfect choice if you want to lessen the breast engorgement issues or for occasional use.
If I talk about the double breast pump, it is ideal for enhancing the rate of milk expression as well as saving most of your time.
To be noted, manual breast pumps come with a single pump. However, some electric pumps come in double pumps too. Hence, the choice is yours, which one you are going to choose.
As per the features of both types, double breast pumps are gonna cost you more, on the contrary, manual breast pumps are inexpensive.
2. Is One Person Going to Use the Electric Breast Pump or Multiple People Will Use It? (Single User Pump and Multiple User Pumps)
Again, as the name suggests, a single user pump is made to use for a person and might only last for a lactation phase. However, multiple-user pumps are more powerful and can work for longer life. Because it is made of high-quality material, thus also known as hospital-grade pumps.
But for high-quality products, you need to spend a good amount of money. So, to be precise, you might have to pay twice or thrice as much price if compared to a single user pump.
3. Is Your Electric Breast Pump Certified?
Yes, a breast pump should be certified. Hence, buy a breast pump that is FDA certified. This will ensure that the product is safe.
4. Is Your Breast Pump Effortless to Use?
Of course, in every product, the first thing we look at is that, whether it is easy to use or not?
So, buy a breast pump that is easy to use, that will further save your time and energy.
5. Which Material is Used to Make the Breast Pump?
To be noted, you should buy a breast pump that is made of BPA-free and medical-grade plastic because these ensure that it is chemical-free or toxic-free.
6. Can You Clean Your Breast Pump Effortlessly? (Hygiene)
Cleaning the breast pump is also essential to ensure hygiene. Thus, buy a pump that is easy to clean, as using the used breast pump without rinsing, drying and cleaning could result in the growth of bacteria, infections, and more.
To be noted, closed electric breast pumps come up with an obstacle between the motor and the collection kit. That keeps the milk safe from the outside air. On the other hand, that barrier is not present in the open electric breast pump, which could serve as a breeding ground for mold.
However, you can effortlessly sterilize the manual breast pump.
Though, to clean the breast pump, I would advise you to check the instructions.
7. Are You Comfortable While Using the Breast Pump?
Would it be okay to feel the pain while using the electric breast pump?
Not at all!
So, choose the breast pump that would ensure comfort along with safety.
Also, ensure that the flanges of the breast pump fit perfectly on your breast and nipple to avoid discomfort and pain. Because due to friction between nipples and plastic, you might get abrasion and that would be painful, for sure.
8. Is Your Breast Pump Durable?
Certainly, we all want a durable product that we can use for a long time, isn’t it?
So, along with comfort, as well as safety, look for a durable pump, hence, buy a breast pump that is made of high-quality material.
Additionally, the strength of the electric pump depends on the frequency of use. So, before buying a breast pumping device, make sure how many times you are going to use this device.
9. Does Your Breast Pump Provide You Various Levels of Suction?
Various levels of suction allow you to choose a specific level of suction depending on your choice.
Some electric breast pumps provide you a choice to choose from a given level of suction. However, some don’t.
If you talk about a manual breast pump, then the suction power would be in your control. Because you have to operate it with your hands.
10. How Does the Electric Pump Works? (Whether it Use Battery or is Rechargeable or Works with Electricity)
I would recommend you to go for the reachable electric breast pump because it will ensure that you can use it, anytime and anyone, whether electricity is available or not, and you don’t have to worry about the dead batteries.
As if you will buy an electric breast pump that works with electricity, in that case, you might face a disadvantage that you won’t be able to use it when electricity is not available.
Likewise, if you are using an electric breast pump that works on a battery, then you always need to have an additional battery, in case you need it.
11. Would You Love to Listen to the Annoying Noise of the Electric Breast Pumps?
No! Especially, if you just put your baby to sleep, no one would even want to drop a needle, because this could end up waking up your baby.
Hence, choose an electric breast pump that should make less or no noise.
12. Can You Carry Your Breast Pump Anywhere?
Even the portability of the breast pump matters. No that does not mean, I’m going to ask you to express milk on the road, in a park, etc. It is simply important because it enables you to carry the breast pump if you are going out or on a vacation.
Also, consider buying a pump of less weight. Because having the pump of the high weight is tough to carry everywhere. Hence, buy a breast pump of less pump weight.
13. Can You Move Freely While Using the Breast Pump?
One of the benefits of having a breast pump is that it should enable you to move freely while expressing the milk.
Sitting having your body stiff, does not make sense, does it?
So, buy a breast pump that would enable you to sit relaxed and make movements, whenever necessary.
14. Is Your Breast Pump Effective?
The effectiveness of the breast pump also matters because if it is not effective there is no point in using it right?
Hence, before buying a breast pump ensure that it works effectively.
But how is effectiveness measured?
Okay, to measure the effectiveness, you have to check how much quantity of milk a breast pump can express in the least possible time. This could also depend on the speed and suction strength of the electric breast pump.
If that’s not helping, you can also talk to other mothers concerning the same.
15. Does Your Electric Breast Pump Inform You That it’s Working?
Having a LED light could be useful as it would inform you that your electric breast pump is doing its job.
Some advanced breast pumps offer an LCD and memory indicators that allow you to keep track of your preferable pumping pattern. Hence, no need to reset every time.
16. Will Your Insurance Pay for Your Breast Pump?
The answer to your question is yes!
Your insurance company is liable to pay for the breast pump if it is included in the insurance plan. Though, every plan is different, so you have to check accordingly.
You can also check the best health insurance for your baby.
17. Does the Breast Pumps Have a Warranty?
The warranty of the product enables you to replace or repair it within the warranty period.
18. How Much Budget Do You Need to Buy a Breast Pump?
As I mentioned earlier, an electric breast pump would cost you more than a manual breast pump. But it is not something that you can not buy.
FAQs on Electric/Manual Breast Pumps
- Which is the best manual breast pump in India?
NatureBond Silicone Manual Breast Pump is the best manual breast pump in India to use as first it is affordable and is transportable. Further, it is easy to use and handily to assemble as well as you can clean it in a sterilizer without investing most of your time in cleaning it. Additionally, it has two breast pads which are made up of soft silicone that ensure the comfort of the newborn, and the handles of the breast pump are made up of an ergonomic design that enables you to use it for a long time.
- Are manual breast pumps better than electric?
Both have their advantages and disadvantages as manual breast pumps work naturally and are transportable to use that too with less price while electric breast pumps are expensive than manual breast pumps but are handily to use as you do not have to do anything. Although you cannot carry an electric breast pump and most important manual breast pumps are portable, you can even store milk and feed your infant anywhere. Therefore, yes manual breast pumps are better than electric breast pumps.
- Do breast pumps increase breast size?
Yes, breast pumps can increase the size of the breast. Due to vacuum pressure caused by pumps the breast tissues swell up, which further results in increasing the size of the breast. Don't overdo it.
- Which is the best electric breast pump in India?
Philips Avent Single Electric SCF332/21 Breast Pump is the best electric pump in India as it has a remarkable design that enables you to collect the milk directly into a container and bottle. Afterward, you do not have to have to lean but simply sit in a comfortable position. Then, it imitates the natural sucking with its petal cushion, again, its wide nipple breast shape nipple encourages a natural latch.
- Which is the best budget electric breast pump in India?
Philips Avent Single and Medela Swing Breast Pump are the two best budget electric breast pumps. With less price, it has amazing features too, such as portability, safety, prevention of infection, comfort, and more.
- How long does a manual breast pump take?
An adequately perfect breast pump is as same as of a child i.e., one or two times in a second although a manual breast pump sucking or expressing depends on which type of pump you are using whether it is single and double as a single breast pump would take 20 to 30 minutes as you have to pump both breasts separately while double breast pumps take 15 minutes to pump.
- Is manual breast pump good?
Yes, manual breast pumps are good as it encourages natural movement to pump milk, are not expensive unlike electric breast pumps and are portable that allows you to carry it everywhere.
- Do you get more milk with a manual pump?
The quantity depends on the pumping of milk while expressing and also you have complete control over-pumping of milk. Well if we talk about the quantity of milk then yes manual pump might result in enhancing the supply of milk.
- Tips You Should Follow While Using the Breast Pump
– Before using the breast pump, check whether it is broken or not. If it is, do not use it because it could hurt you. Most importantly check the suction cups, tubes, and valves, because due to friction these can easily break
– Before using the breast pump, sanitize it as instructed by the manufacturer. If not, then you can simply boil the suction cup and other bottle parts with water for 10 minutes. Though, some breast pump comes up with the storage disinfection box that allows you to clean the breast pump in a microwave
– Never pass the single-user pump to anyone as these are made to use only once, as mentioned earlier. However, you can pass on multiple using the electric pump to your friend, family member, etc
– After every use, rinse and dry the breast pump. For this, you can clean the parts of pumps that come in contact with cold water then soaking them in warm soapy water for a few minutes, clean them with a dishwashing cloth and sponge.
– Finally, leave it to dry. This method could be varied depending on the manufacturer, hence, check the instructions for the same
– If you don’t have time to rinse the breast pump, don’t leave it in open, this could allow the bacteria, infection, etc to make it a breeding ground
– Wash your hands before using the breast pump
– Follow a strict schedule to pump the milk as well as taking of not less than 15 minutes
- When is the Right Time to Use the Breast Pump?
I would not advise you to use the breast pumps regularly, hence, here I’m mentioning when to use the breast pump. To be noted, it includes both types of breast pumps, that is manual and electric breast pumps.
Here, is when you can use the breast pumps or who can use the breast pump,
– Breast pumps are ideal to use if your baby has latching issues and is sick because this enables you to store the milk for further use
– Perfect for working women, as you can feed your baby while working or after coming back home from work
– Breast pumps come in handy if the mother is not in the position to feed the baby while maintaining the skin and skin, that could be used if you have COVID-19
– Provide relief from the engorgement problems as well as prevent the issues like mastitis
– Unlike the manual breast pump, an electric breast pump does not need physical support
– Double electric breast pumps are perfect for the working women as it saves time and provides convenience
– If you have twins, then you should go for an electric breast pump to maintain the feeding time
– Electric breast pumps are perfect for mother with high risk
If you have to remain out of the home due to work
To conclude, breast pumps are best to express milk specifically, manual breast milk is best to use as you can control the suction and pressure of the manual breast pump.
Although manual breast pumps are easy to use and assemble without any problem and further due to their size and weight you can carry them with you anywhere without any inconvenience.
However, if you are a working woman and have to go out for work, but you do not want to sacrifice the health of your newborn then breast pumps are best to feed your infant with your breast milk even when you are not around as you can store milk in a breast pump.
The breast pump follows the actual breastfeeding pattern of sucking milk. While you can use the breast pump throughout the day but you should also not forget that it is eventually a machine and overuse of it can be harmful.
As we all know, nothing could substitute the goodness of mother milk although, after some time you should start feeding your kid some nutritious food. Yes, we understand your concern, making food could be time taken. So to make it easy for you can use food blenders/makers.
Now with the nutritious food for your baby, you also need to indulge them in something productive. For the development of the baby, especially for motor development, you can check out the best baby bouncers and rockers for babies.
Therefore, for the development of the baby, you need to focus on all the important and necessary aspects. As not feeding a baby with breast milk results in a lack of essential nutrients in the body of the baby.
Why not make the best use of electric breast pumps as most of the electric breast pumps work on both electricity and battery that allow you to express anytime.
With the improvement, you can even express without pain along with you now you do not have to sit still. As you can now do your work and move while expressing and let your baby sleep in the sleeping bed with a mosquito net or by using mosquito repellent.
Hopefully, we have clearly mentioned everything and your doubts are cleared too. If you are still doubtful about choosing the best electric breast pump in India, please comment.