Being pregnant is the most sensational moment but it comes with a lot of pain and care. For a mother, 9 months of pregnancy is the most beautiful but delicate time.
Why does a mother need to be taken care of during pregnancy? The mother needs to be taken care of because her health not only keeps her safe but her baby too. As the newborn receives everything from food, oxygen to nourishment from the mother.
“A sweet smell of a new baby must be one of the best smells in the whole world”
I’m sure you are feeling the same, that’s why to make your gestation period comfortable for you and your little one. You are here searching for the pregnancy pillow.
One of the prominent reasons to buy a pregnancy pillow is that it preserves the fetus from exterior harm. Therefore, you need to be careful and remain safe during pregnancy.
While sleeping you do not realize what position you are sleeping, so you need a partner who can look after you while sleeping. Why is it necessary?
It is necessary because sleeping in an awkward position might harm the baby. But not anymore, as a pregnancy pillow is there to help you out.
5 Best Pregnancy Pillows in India
|1. Coozly Premium Lyte C Shaped Pregnancy Pillow|
– Best Comfort
|2. Momsyard Full Body C Shape Maternity/Pregnancy Pillow|
– Best Budget
|3. PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow with Travel & Storage Bag|
– Best Rated
|4. Amagoing 57 inches Pregnancy Pillow||4.3/5|
|5. Dream night Pregnancy Body Pillow||4.2/5|
What role does a pregnancy pillow play in a mother’s life? Well, a pregnancy pillow is developed to allow you to sleep peacefully without harming the baby. As it covers all the curves and outlines of your body.
Later, pregnancy will be more challenging as you might feel uneasy to sleep even in a normal position. Do not worry, we are here to make everything easy as it supports your body and provides comfort.
As now get some of the major information about the pregnancy pillow and how it works.
What are the Various Types of Pregnancy Pillow?
1. C-shaped Pregnancy Pillow
It is the most versatile pillow, which is thin, long, and curved. Because it is not heavy and its shape, you can use it in varied ways.
Some of the ways you can use it are can be used as a full-body pillow and to sleep on the side by using its length. Fold in half to provide complete support to your shoulder, knees, neck, and back.
Moreover, this provides adequate support to your back and bump along with contouring your back.
2. Inflatable Pregnancy Pillows
These are perfect for people who sleep on their stomachs. Also, it is the largest pillow present, so far. So, to provide you support, it has a hole in its center that will fit in your bump.
So, now, you can sleep with all the ease.
How to use it,
- Can be used under your stomach as it can inflate under your stomach, allow you to sleep on your tummy, yet, before using consult the same with a doctor
- Avert putting additional pressure on the stomach, thus, keep the baby safe
- Fullness can be adjusted as needed
3. U-shaped Pregnancy Pillows
This pillow makes sure to provide proper support to your head, neck, and both of your sides. Hence, provide ideal support to your whole body.
Though, these are heavy, yet are versatile at some level. So, now you can sleep ideally on your back and your side having proper support on your knees, back and stomach.
Unlike, C-shaped pregnancy pillow, it provides support to your entire body. Also, it can be used to sleep on your back as well as can sandwich you from your front to back during the second trimester.
Simply tuck in between your legs and enjoy comfortable sleeping. Yet, these pillows need more space on your bed.
4. Bean Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
As the name suggests, it is bean-shaped as well as small in length too.
How to use it,
- Perfect to support a particular body part of yours
- Portable enough to carry around
5. Wedge Pillow
If you are looking for something which can support your body entirely, then it’s not a perfect choice. But it is perfect to support the various body parts of yours like your stomach and back.
Moreover, for more support, you can use 2 and more wedge pillows.
How to use it,
- Can be used when watching TV as post-pregnancy use
- Can be placed under the bump
- Helpful in elevating your back and legs
Also check, the 9 Best Wedge Pillow
6. Full-Length Pregnancy Pillows
It is more like a regular pillow, just in the larger size. And typically, known as a standard body pillow and it is ideal because these are enough to provide you the support and comfort you always wanted.
How to use it,
- At a time, only support a side
- Easy to turn and twist, hence flexible, though, are straight
7. Other Pregnancy Pillows
Some other types of pregnancy pillows you would find are teardrop, small pillows, versatile support pillows, and barbell shape. These don’t fit under any of the above-mentioned categories.
Check these, 5 Best Pregnancy Books
What are the Different Factors to Consider Before Buying Pregnancy Pillow?
1. What is the Shape of Your Pregnancy Pillow?
The shape of a pregnancy pillow matters for your level of comfort. So, if you change your side while sleeping often, then you should buy the U-shaped pregnancy pillow because you don’t have to readjust the same each time you move.
Though you can also choose from the pregnancy pillow which tucks under your head as well as under your knees, on the other hand, others lie parallel to you. Also, some pregnancy pillows are termed body pillows with a dip that cradles your cute round bump.
So, you have to make a choice, out of options you have to depend on your comfort.
You should know, 9 Best Fruits to Eat During Pregnancy!
2. What is the Size of the Pregnancy Pillow?
The size of the pregnancy pillow could be varied, from a smaller size like a wedge to the standard size which is a U-shaped body pillow that gives you a comforting hug from back to front.
Though, the larger the pillow, the more room it will need on your bed.
3. How Do You Sleep?
How do you sleep? Are you a side sleeper? Or Do you sleep on your back or tummy?
No matter how you sleep, you need to be comfortable. And for this, a pregnancy pillow would assist you.
What type of support does your pregnancy pillow provide?
The pregnancy pillow supports various body parts such as the neck, belly, shoulder, and more. So, here I’m mentioning these for better understanding of the same,
- Neck support
To provide proper neck support, the pillow should maintain the natural curve of the spine. This will prevent neck straining.
- Knees and ankle support
To keep your knees and ankle at the same height, a pregnancy pillow would be of great help. This would also lessen the swelling. Make sure, your legs are aligned and your hips should not be tilted and your spine should not be twisted.
- Shoulder support
If you are a side sleeper, then your shoulder should get proper support.
- Lower back support
Support to your spin or lower back is essential and that’s why most pregnancy pillows are long and U-shaped. These pillows provide support to your body from front and back.
- Belly Support
This prevents putting pressure on the uterus due to the tugging on the abdomen and back. Also, it prevents the bending of the torse unnaturally.
Hey, check this out: #1 Best Sleeping Position for Baby After Feeding: Back, Stomach or Side?
4. Does Your Pregnancy Pillow Have The Right Loft?
The pregnancy pillow with an ideal loft helps in preventing snoring as well as ensuring healthy and safe spine alignment. Though, the good pillow loft could be different depending on the sleeping position and body type.
So, if you have a broad shoulder and heavy head, you should buy a thick pillow as this will fill the gap between the head, neck, and mattress by providing proper support. This is completely the opposite in the case of people who have narrow shoulders and small heads.
5. How Much Firm Your Pregnancy Pillow Is?
The firmness varies depending on the pregnancy pillow. For instance, a pregnancy pillow made of polyester fiber will be soft and is perfect if you are looking for additional cushioning.
However, for a firm pillow, you should buy a pregnancy pillow that is made of foam. It is ideal to provide extra support to your stomach and lower back.
Hey, Don’t miss, How to Take Care During Pregnancy of First Month?
6. Which Material is Used to Make Pregnancy Pillow?
The material of the pregnancy pillow should be breathable, durable, provide adequate support, and should be firm. Usually, the cover and pregnancy pillow is made of polyester. Above all, it is affordable and available in various textures and levels of firmness.
Though, if you are looking for something which could help you in relieving pressure, then a pregnancy pillow made of foam is also good.
Don’t miss, How Should a Husband Treat His Pregnant Wife?
7. What Does Your Pregnancy Pillow is Filled With?
Various fills can be used to fill your pregnancy pillows, here these are,
- Polyester Fiberfill
It is a lofty material made of polyester, as the name specified. Usually, it is used as the filling in most of the pregnancy pillows because it is soft, provides adequate support, comfort, and ensures proper airflow.
Moreover, it is pocket-friendly, effortless to clean, and hypoallergenic.
If you are going for smaller pregnancy pillows, then they would be filled with microbeads. These are small in size and are round pieces of polystyrene. Above all, it provides ideal contouring.
- Memory Foam
It is famous for its contouring properties and because it is made of mold, it ensures ideal support. Though, it stifled the flow of air and retained the heat. To add, it is used in small pillows like wedge pillows.
It tends to be firmer and provides perfect support. Though, it is less conforming if compared to memory form. Additionally, it is ideal to support your back and stomach.
Some other fillings in the pregnancy pillow you would find are wool, air, styrofoam balls, and natural filling.
8. Which Material is Used to Make Pillow Cover of the Pregnancy Pillow?
The pillow covers are either made of cotton or polyester. To be precise, cotton is made of natural fiber which is effortless to clean. Also, it ideally absorbs moisture as well as is soft. Additionally, some pregnancy pillows are made of organic cotton cover.
On the other hand, unlike cotton, it is a synthetic fabric that is versatile. These elastic stretch and are available in varied textures, especially, it is perfect for large pillows.
Other materials that are used to make the pillow cover are polyester knit, jersey knit, and more.
9. Does Your Pregnancy Pillow Create Noise?
Yes, pregnancy pillows make noise when using these. While some make less noise than others. So, the pillow filled with seeds would crinkle when you would move and the fabric on the same would rustle with more noise.
That’s why you need to consider the fabric and filling to buy the pregnancy pillow. Because a noisy pregnancy pillow can disturb your sleep when you change the side at night while sleeping.
That’s why you should buy a pillow which is less or not noisy.
Don’t miss, 7 Best Stretch Mark Cream/Oil for Pregnancy
10. Can You Easily Clean the Pregnancy Pillow?
For cleaning, some pregnancy pillows have removable covers that can be washed in a machine or with a hand. On the other hand, some pillows allow you to wash the whole pillow.
So, which one you have to buy depends on you. If you have a washing machine that allows you to toss the whole pillow in the washing machine, you can buy a pillow that can be washed entirely.
11. Does Your Pregnancy Pillow Come Under Warranty?
Buying a pregnancy pillow that comes under warranty allows you to replace the same.
12. How Much Do You Need to Spend on the Pregnancy Pillow?
The money you would spend on the pregnancy pillow would depend on the type of pregnancy pillow you are buying.
5 Best Pregnancy Pillows in India Detailed Reviews!
Here, we come up with our 5 best pregnancy pillows.
1. Coozly Premium Lyte C Shaped Pregnancy Pillow – Best Pregnancy Pillows in India
– Best Comfort
Are looking for a pillow to support your belly? This is certainly the best pregnancy pillow as it is organized by maternity experts to vertebrates and support the belly.
Its large U- shaped size and sufficient breathable one end of the pillow allow you to nestle your head. Although, you can also use nursing bras.
Further, to enhance your convenience, the rest of the pillow supports your legs and lower belly. Is it comfortable to sleep?
Its precious cut and low denier fibers allow you to sleep in a comfortable position as it supports your body in various ways.
Its C-shape allows the pillow cover to snugly support your spine and belly. That makes it an ideal choice for pregnant women. As you can even use it after the birth of your new one to feed, burping, and lounge the baby.
Furthermore, it takes off everything from during pregnancy to after pregnancy, which makes it the best pregnancy pillow.
- Made by the maternity experts to vertebrates and support the belly
- Rare cut and low denier fibres allow you to sleep in a comfortable position as it supports your body in various ways
- Coozly HQ fibres give you seamless feel up to the range of 5 to 15 deniers
- Hypoallergenic fibre
- It is flexible and can be used for various purposes because of its malleable nature
- Absorbent and conveniently fits in every curve with the help of organic stretch
- C- shaped allows the pillow cover to snugly support your spine and belly
- Can be used after the birth of a newborn
- Neck and leg support could get better
- Some customers claim that it is not comfortable
- Generate heat, commented by customers
- Its size is small, claimed by customers
- Thin covers
2. Momsyard Full Body C Shape Maternity/Pregnancy Pillow in India
– Best Budget
Are you facing problems in sleeping during your pregnancy? That’s common, but now you do not have to face it anymore.
Yes, it is right, as we come up with one of the best pregnancy pillows. As it has a remarkable C- shaped design with a natural contour, that conveniently wraps around your body.
Yes, it supports your spine and hips, i.e., it is the best pregnancy pillow for hip pain.
Not all pregnancy pillows enable you to acquire a position and height just the way you want, doesn’t it?
Hence, no worries, as Momsyard comes up with a horse-shaped pillow that enables you to adjust the height accordingly.
To support you throughout your sleeping it has an extra-long midsection that has an ideal width to support your belly. Its curve and trunks are easy to curl up that keep you cool and comfortable.
Now, let’s discuss some of its benefits, first of all, it supports your belly, back, hip, neck. While along with this it also deters heartburn, sciatica, allows you to breathe, and more.
However, after birth, it will help you in nursing and breastfeeding babies. That makes it the best pregnancy pillow for hip pain.
- Incredible C- shaped design with natural contour, that conveniently wraps around your body
- A horse-shaped pillow that enables you to adjust the height conveniently
- Its midsection is extra-long that allow you to sleep comfortably
- Has the perfect width to support the belly
- Supports your belly, back, hip, neck
- Also deters heartburn, sciatica, allows you to breath
- Can be used for nursing and breastfeeding too
- Removable covers
- Soft and comfortable
- Quality of material
- Puffiness reduces, claimed by customers
- Buyers commented that it rubs against skin
- Thickness could get better
3. PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow with Travel & Storage Bag – Best Pregnancy Pillow for Back Pain
– Best Rated
Firstly, pain is quite common during pregnancy, right? PharMeDoc provides relief to the pain and ensures that you sleep safely and peacefully. It has a C- shape and is made up of a combination of poly-cotton. This allows you to sleep comfortably at night as it is breathable.
So, what should you do once you are done with pregnancy? Well do not worry as you can use it forever, now the question comes how?
Secondly, you can use it for nursing, to take rest, while recovering from an injury, and more. So its use is not limited to once but due to its soft material, it can be used for a long time.
It covers you entirely and is ideal for women who suffer from back pain during pregnancy. This is why it is the best pregnancy pillow for back pain. Not only this but it also eradicates the muscles ache, aligns in the spine and hips. Most of all, it provides support to your belly.
Thirdly, as I mentioned you can even use it generally to enhance the quality of sleep and it gives you nest-like comfort, making it ideal for eliminating the hips and back pain.
Along with this, you can use it to correct your body posture, athletic pain, and more. Hence, I would say it is one of the best pregnancy pillows in India for back pain, isn’t it?
Pros & Cons:
- Ensures that you sleep safely and peacefully
- C- shape and is made up of the combination of poly-cotton, which makes it soft and comfortable
- Use it for nursing, to take rest, while recovering from an injury, and more
- Eradicates the muscles ache, aligns in the spine and hips
- Improve the quality of the sleep and its nest-like make it ideal for eliminating the hips and back pain
- Washable, soft, and sturdy
- Can be used for breastfeeding
- In contract, some customers claim that it is uncomfortable
- Contrary, it does not support hips and make it difficult to move, commented by buyers
4. Amagoing 57 inches Pregnancy Pillow
U- shaped pillows are ideal for supporting your body entirely. It supports your hips, back, head and shoulders, along with this, it also supports eliminating the pain in your knees, pelvic and most importantly, it supports your bump. Isn’t it the best U- shaped pregnancy pillow in India?
Well, it is as it provides maximum comfort and relief from the pain in your hips to pelvic. Are you a bookworm?
If you love reading then it is ideal for you as it supports your back perfectly. To add, you can even use it for breastfeeding your little one.
It is soft and comfortable as it is filled with polyester and its cover is made up of cotton. That makes it perfect and suitable for you and your newborn.
Furthermore, it has a dependable zipper and has multilayers. It has all the essential features, therefore, it is the best U- shaped pregnancy pillow in India.
- Its U- shaped support your body completely
- Supports your hips, back, head and shoulders, along with this, it also supports eliminating the pain in your knees, pelvic
- Due to ideal back support, you can use it for breastfeeding, reading, sitting, so on
- Filled with polyester, that makes it cosy and soft
- Has multiple layers and has a zipper
- Has a washable and removable cover
- Covers the entire body
- Enable you to sleep in all the position
- Elastic and woven
- A bit lumpy
- Stuffing could be enhanced, commented by customers
- It is thin
5. Dream Night Pregnancy Body Pillow
Firstly, buying a pregnancy pillow to support back, is not the only reason why you need it. As it serves numerous purposes from relieving the hip or back pain to supporting you during injury or knee pain and more.
What is in it? Being a mother you have to be careful and should know what you are using is safe for your little one or not. Just like organic products, dream night pillows are safe, ensure comfort, and have bionic polyethylene odorless pads. These pads provide support to your back and ensure maximum relaxation.
Although, if you want to give it to someone, then this is one of the best and useful gifts. Does it conserve the mother and newborn from allergies?
Certainly, it does, as it is made up of hypoallergenic fabric that makes it ideal for use. Hence, it is one of the best U-shaped pregnancy pillows in India.
Its use is not just restricted to pregnancy, however, you can use it to feed a baby, sleep, read, more.
- Has two layers, first, a layer of soft velour that has an internal cover with a zip
- Hypoallergenic, prevent you and your newborn from allergies
- Multiple uses, such as eliminate the hip or back pain, support you during injury or knee pain, help in breastfeeding, reading, so on
- Removable and washable cover
- Soft and comfortable
- Easily to wrap
- Stuffing could get better
- While it is claimed that it is odourless, still some customers said that it has an awful smell
- Easily get spaces between the pillow
Why Do You Need the Pregnancy Pillow?
Do I need a pregnancy pillow?
As your belly grows, you would face issues while sleeping and need to bear the pressure due to your sleeping position.
Again, if you are a back and stomach sleeper, then your problem would be 10 times more than a side sleeper. Because sleeping on your tummy won’t be possible as your bump grows. Also, sleeping on the back is not advised as it can put pressure on the vein which is responsible to carry your blood to your baby.
So, you are left with sleeping on your side, yet, it will put pressure on your hip and back. And to overcome this, a pregnancy pillow would be of great help. Pregnancy pillows provide support to your neck, back, knees, etc. Hence, it can help in relieving pains or acne.
How to use the pregnancy pillow?
Ordinary pillows simply provide support to your head, on the other hand, pregnancy pillows provide support to your whole body.
When Should You Start Using a Pregnancy Pillow?
When should I buy a pregnancy pillow?
You can start using the pregnancy at any time of your pregnancy. To be noted, some women use it at the commencement of the second trimester, because at this stage due to increased bumps you would face problems in sleeping.
Hence, it would help you on side sleeping due to discomfort.
Check this out, 17 Healthy Pregnancy Food (Diet Chart, Trimester Plan)
Is a Pregnancy Pillow Worth it?
Yes, pregnancy pillows are worth buying as it helps in providing relief from the neck, knees, etc pain. Also, it can be used after pregnancy too as breastfeeding too.
Also check: 3 Best Health Insurance Policy for New Born
How Do I Choose a Pregnancy Pillow?
To choose the pregnancy pillow, you should consider the above factors.
Which Pregnancy Pillow is Best U shaped or C shaped?
U-shaped pregnancy pillows are the best because they provide support to your whole body, unlike C-shaped pregnancy pillows. Though, it needs more space on your bed.
Hey, you will love this, which Month to Start Exercise During Pregnancy? (Full Trimester Exercise Guide)
What is the Best Pregnancy Pillow to Buy?
Coozly Premium Lyte C Shaped Pregnancy Pillow is the best pregnancy pillow, because of these reasons,
- It’s made by maternity experts
- Supports your legs and lower belly
What are the Uses of Pregnancy Pillows?
- Avert the use of a regular pillow
- Can be used as a breastfeeding pillow by providing adequate support
- Lessen the body and head pain
- Provide support to your body
Wow! This is something, you should know, Could a Mother’s Milk Help Fight Coronavirus?
What are the Drawbacks of Pregnancy Pillow?
- Some pillow make noise when you move
- Sometimes it ends up only supporting tiny body parts
- No pregnancy pillow is made for back sleepers
- Take space on your bed
What are the Benefits of Using Pregnancy Pillows?
- Provide you as much comfort as possible
- Keep your posture ideal when sleeping
- Allow you to sleep properly before birth, hence, prevent sleep deficit
- Helps in providing relief on the spine, hips, and back
- Prevent you from sleeping on your stomach and other dangerous positions
- Could also be helpful after pregnancy
- Improve the blood circulation which would also allow you to get the baby to an adequate birth position and relief the pressure on the body
- It works on your hormones which allow you to lessen the allergies, in that case, you can buy a pillow with hypoallergenic properties
- Can be used as a breastfeeding pillow
- Provide you relief from heartburn
FAQs On Pregnancy Pillow
- What is the best pregnancy pillow?
Coozly Premium Lyte C Shaped Pregnancy Pillow is the best pregnancy pillow in India. As made by maternity experts to vertebrates and support the belly. It's a large U- shaped size and has sufficient breathability. Further, to enhance your convenience, the rest of the pillow supports your legs and lower belly. To add, its precious cut and low denier fibers allow you to sleep in a comfortable position as it supports your body in various ways.
- Do pregnancy pillows help?
Certainly, pregnancy pillows are a great pillow as they provide you relief from back pain, hip pain, belly support, etc. To add, it can also be used for reading, during injuries, watching tv, so on.
- When should you start using a pregnancy pillow?
You can use a pregnancy pillow in your third trimester, during this period you need more support. While in the first trimester, you just need additional cushioning during the night.
- How should I put my pillow on during pregnancy?
You can start using a pillow from your first trimester, while during this time you just need some extra cushioning, while from your third trimester you can use a pregnancy pillow.
- Is a U-shaped or C-shaped pillow better?
C- shaped pillows are small in size when compared to U- shaped pillows. Therefore, I would pick a U- shaped pillow as it completely wraps around the entire body. To add, support your neck, legs, belly, and spine too.
Well, you know, how essential a pregnancy pillow is for you and how it makes your incubation easy and comfortable to some extent. At least it allows you to sleep in a comfortable position.
Similarly, pregnancy pillows are now anti-allergic, BPA-free, latex-free, made up of hypoallergenic fabric, which makes them perfect and ideal to use.
We highly recommend the Coozly Premium C-shaped pregnancy pillow. What features make it the best pregnancy pillow? Well, you can completely count on this pillow when it comes to comfort. The Coozly HQ fibers give you a seamless feel up to the range of 5 to 15 deniers.
Additionally, during pregnancy, your body becomes delicate and easily catches infections and bacteria. But you do not have to worry about this, as our pregnancy pillow is made with hypoallergenic fiber.
Further, it prevents you and your baby from allergies along with this, it is flexible and can be used for various purposes due to its malleable nature.
With that, the question comes: is it absorbent? Yes, it is absorbent and conveniently fits in every curve with the help of organic stretch.
To add, its cover is removable and is made with good quality NEWD cotton.
Further, you can even use it to feed your baby, while for feeding you can also use formula milk and manual breast pumps. These are very helpful when it comes to feeding a baby when you are not around.
Hopefully, we have cleared all your query in choosing the best pregnancy pillows in India.
However, if you are still uncertain we are here to help you. What you have to do is to comment.