The baby’s skin is delicate and easily gets sunburn when you go out with your baby in hot weather.
First, the thing you can do is to be at home when the sun is at its strongest but if you have to go out. How to protect the baby’s skin from the sun?
Covering a baby with clothes is a bad idea, as it might result in suffocation, then what?
To prevent your little one from the harsh rays of the sun, you can use the best sunscreen for babies in India. Sunscreen is really a good baby product during summer.
Having sensitive skin means your baby is defenseless against the sun. Therefore, you need to be extra protective and take extra precautions to protect the baby’s skin from the rays of the sun.
With that, questions come, when to use sunscreen for babies?
Then comes, best sunscreen for babies in India for the baby above 6 months, at this age, you should apply sunscreen on only exposed skin areas of the baby with SPF level between 30-50.
Lastly, only apply a small quantity of sunscreen, and before applying it on baby’s skin, to make sure it is irritation-free, only apply it with doctor’s recommendation.
Now, let’s move on, to our 9 best sunscreen for babies in India that keep your baby safe.
9 Best Sunscreen for Babies in India
What are the Varied Types of Baby Sunscreen?
1. Natural Ingredients Baby Sunscreen
As the name suggests, it is free from harmful chemicals, for instance, the most common chemicals which a sunscreen includes are oxybenzone and octisalate.
Hence, your baby does not have to face skin irritation, which is again the most common side effect due to the consistent exposure of the skin with the above-mentioned chemicals.
So, the question comes, what ingredients should you look for instead of these?
You can simply look out for natural blockers, if I have to name some then these are, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.
And yes, these are effective in protecting your baby from both UVA and UVB rays. Thus, ensure broad-spectrum coverage.
Now, everything is gooood!!
Also check, How to Make Baby Skin Fair Naturally? 14 Tips!
2. Broad Spectrum Baby Sunscreen
Now that you have heard the term broad-spectrum, why not know it in a little detail.
Before knowing this, you need to understand what is the effect of UVA and UVB rays.
So, UVB rays are the reason for sunburns, on the other hand, UVA rays, have the potential to premature skin aging as well as it can cause melanoma.
Technically, your baby needs protection from both the rays and for this, you should always buy broad-spectrum sunscreen.
What are the Types of Sunscreen Depending on the Application?
Now again, how you choose to apply the sunscreen, so here the types of sunscreen you have are,
Baby sunscreen cream is perfect for the kids because it ensures complete coverage, yet, these take time for application.
Baby spray sunscreen is an ideal option for antsy babies or kids, yet, if you fail to rub it on the baby’s skin, it is a waste of time, effort, and money. Above all, it won’t complete its work.
Additionally, your kid or baby can inhale the same which could harm the baby or kid.
Further, if your baby is hairy, or you want to apply sunscreen on hairy areas of the baby, then go for sunscreen gel.
Well, if I talk about sunscreen sticks, then it is perfect to prevent eyes from the sunlight.
Now, let’s start with, How to choose the best sunscreen for kids and babies?
How to Choose the Baby Sunscreen?
Summer is approaching!
The hot whooshing winds are gonna pass by you and your baby.
Your body is gonna sweat and yeah! How come we forget that you are going to sting.
And I’m not gonna stand by you when you smell like dirt.
Well, jokes apart, it’s the time to eat ice-creams, it’s time to have all the cold-drinks and to swim in the pool.
I know, it sounds great, isn’t it?
But, here is the catch, you have the baby and your baby can not go into the sun without a protective shield.
No no, I’m not talking about that umbrella you use as a shade, because your baby/kid is not going to listen to you but gonna run.
And that’s why you need sunscreen. Sunscreen, which can protect your baby from the crucial rays of the sun.
But hey! Sunscreen could have a negative effect on the baby’s skin, how are you gonna ignore that?
Simply by considering the below factors. Let’s see, what are those,
1. What is the SPF of the Baby Sunscreen?
First, let’s start with SPF full form, so SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor.
And after reading its full name, you must have understood its importance, right?
Technically, SPF level comes in varied ranges, it could be as low as 15 and as high as 100.
This range is important because it denotes the range of exposure of your baby to the sun, hence, it prevents your baby’s skin from sunburns.
The broad-spectrum of the baby’s sunscreen should be at least SPF 30. No doubt, you can further go for a higher spectrum, but, before that, I would advise you to consult the doctor.
To be noted, sunscreen with SPF 30 prevents your baby from 97% of UVB rays, on contrary, sunscreen with SPF 50 prevents your baby from 98% of UVB rays.
Don’t miss, 7 Best Baby Swim Diapers Reviews
2. What are the Active Ingredients Present in Your Baby’s Sunscreen?
How to find safe sunscreen for kids and babies?
For safe sunscreen, you should look for the ingredients.
As mentioned earlier, you should prefer using sunscreen with natural ingredients like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.
What are the ingredients should you avoid in baby sunscreen?
Further, according to the AAP, you should not use sunscreen which includes chemicals such as oxybenzone, PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid), etc.
You gotta be careful, baby!
Also check, 23 Toxic Chemicals in Baby Products that you Need to Avoid Now!
3. Can You Effortlessly Use the Sunscreen?
Yes, as I mentioned, you have plenty of options when it comes to the application of the baby sunscreen. You can spray it, rub it like the cream, use the sunscreen stick, whatnot.
Yet, for the perfect safety of the baby, you should go for cream.
4. Should You Check the Word, “Water-Resistant” on the Package of the Baby Sunscreen?
Yes, you should!
Because a water-resistant sunscreen ensures that it will work even if your baby goes in the water.
Yet, no sunscreen is really waterproof, come on, it is nothing but cream, spray, etc on our skin.
But according to the FDA, you should go for a sunscreen that works ideally for 40-80 minutes under continuous exposure to water.
Don’t forget to check, 8 Best Toy Laptop for Kids
5. Is Your Baby Sunscreen Certified?
A certified baby sunscreen ensures that it has cleared the safety test.
Hence, safe for the baby.
6. What is the Price of the Sunscreen?
Baby sunscreen is quite pocket-friendly. So, don’t worry, it’s worth nothing more than 100 or 500.
9 Best Sunscreen for Babies Detailed Reviews!
1. Thinkbaby ThinkBaby Sunscreen for Babies SPF 50+
Being exposed to the sun means the chances of getting sunburn, as the baby’s skin is delicate and needs to be taken care of.
Sometimes some sunscreen for babies contains ingredients that cause cancer.
Why expose your little baby to such ingredients, to keep your baby safe?
ThinkBaby comes with the best sunscreen for babies in India that does not contain chemicals that are biologically harmful to the baby.
Some parents prefer organic products without thinking that these can be harmful too.
Therefore, instead of blind faith, let’s enlighten you with some of the biological ingredients that are not good for a baby’s skin, i.e., avobenzone, paraben, oxybenzone, UV chemical absorbent, phthalate, and more.
Additionally, the best sunscreen for babies in India is water-resistant per FDA, i.e., 80 minutes of water resistance.
Along with this, sunscreen for babies also conserves babies from UVA and UVB as it offers a broad spectrum coverage.
Further, the best sunscreen for babies in India absorbs in the baby skin without leaving any greasy layer.
Similarly, you can use the best baby face creams to moisten baby’s skin.
- Free from, avobenzone, paraben, oxybenzone, UV chemical absorbent, phthalate and more, that are harmful to the baby’s skin
- Contains water-resistant per FDA, i.e., 80 minutes of water-resistant
- Has UVA and UVB that offer a broad spectrum coverage
- Absorbs in the baby skin without leaving any greasy layer
- Non- aerosol formation
- Essence is strong
- Price could be less
2. Mother Sparsh Natural Baby Sunscreen Lotion with Organic Ingredients, SPF 30+
Are you sure what type of skin your baby has? If not, then the Mother Sparsh is the best sunscreen lotion for babies in India as it is hypoallergenic that makes it ideal for every skin type from sensitive to normal.
It is certainly safe for babies as it contains plant ingredients for up to 95%.
Baby’s skin is delicate so it easily gets affected, it might result in dryness, irritation, redness, and more.
Although, this cream deter moisture loss, sweat and is water-resistant for 2 hours.
To moisten the baby’s skin, you can also use these top baby lotions. Obviously, before applying anything on the baby’s skin, you want to make sure whether its ingredients are safe or not.
So, it comprises calendula and cocoa butter, which form a protective layer to hold the moisture and has antifungal properties.
The best sunscreen lotion for babies in India contains vitamin E that has antioxidant properties as well as condition the baby’s skin.
- Hypoallergenic that makes it ideal for every skin type from sensitive to normal
- Contains plant ingredients up to 95%
- Deter moisture loss, sweat and is water-resistant for 2 hours
- Comprises calendula, aloe vera, vitamin E and cocoa butter
- Form a protective layer to hold the moisture
- Hold the moisture and has antifungal properties
- Antioxidant properties
- Condition the baby’s skin
- Protect baby’s skin against UVA and UVB
- Non- sticky
- The pump could be of good quality, commented by buyers
- The pump could be better
3. Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunscreen Lotion For Sensitive Skin
Stopping your baby from playing is not possible, why not allow him to play, even in hot weather.
Don’t be shocked, this the best sunscreen lotion for babies with sensitive skin and is free from paraben, and is tear-free too.
Along with this, its SPF level is 50 that covers the broad spectrum and is sweat and water-resistant.
That’s why it is the best sunscreen lotion for babies with sensitive skin.
- Free from paraben, and is tear-free too
- SPF level is 50 that covers the broad spectrum
- Sweat and water-resistant
- Contains zinc mineral oxide
- Has a pleasant smell
- Smells bad after some time, commented by buyers
- Price could be less
- Difficult to rub, claimed by customers
4. Mamaearth Mineral Based Sunscreen Baby Lotion SPF 20+
There is a whole world that your baby needs to explore but there are obstacles from which he needs to be protected, that is the sun.
To be effective, the ingredients of sunscreen for babies are essential.
To moisturize the baby’s skin, and to strengthen the skin’s properties, it enhances the healing process, it comprises calendula, cocoa, and shea butter.
What’s more? With the help of zinc oxide, it forms a physical substance barrier that reflects the rays of the sun.
To add, the best sunscreen lotion for babies with sensitive skin does not encompass minerals, parabens, sulfates, artificial dye, and colors.
Does your baby have sensitive skin and caught the infection and allergies instantly?
This is one of the best sunscreens for babies with sensitive skin as it is hypoallergenic, which means it lessens the chances of catching an infection.
- Comprises calendula, cocoa and shea butter
- Form a water-resistant layer
- Soothe the skin as it has aloe vera extract
- Moisturise the baby skin
- Strengthen the skin properties
- Enhances the healing process
- Forms a physical substance barrier that reflects the rays of the sun
- Does not encompass minerals, parabens, sulphates, artificial dye and colours
- Certified Asia’s no. 1
- Maintain the PH level of skin
- Tested by dermatologists
- Not portable
- Sticky and greasy
- Essence could be better
- Takes time to absorb in the skin
- Baby might get acne and rashes, commented by customers
5. Blue Lizard Australian SPF 30+ Best SUNSCREEN for Babies
The blue lizard comes with one of the best sunscreens for babies in India that covers the large spectrum and protects your baby against UVA and UVB rays of the sun.
How is it able to cover the large spectrum?
Well, that’s simple as one of the best sunscreens for babies in India contains transparent zinc oxide that enables it to cover a large spectrum.
To inform you when to wear sunscreen for babies it is uniquely packed with a UV indicator. With that, the question arises, how does it work?
It is easy, the bottle of sunscreen for babies turns pink when exposed to sunlight.
- Contains transparent zinc oxide that enables it to cover a large spectrum
- Protect baby against UVA and UVB rays
- Uniquely packed with a UV indicator
- Easy to rub
- Essence free
- Price is a bit high
- Found nothing major
6. BeyBee Baby Sunscreen Lotion for Kids & Newborn Babies SPF 50 PA+++
Frequent bathing results in dryness of the baby’s skin, which again results in redness and itching.
Here, BeyBee comes with one of the best sunscreen lotions for babies in India that moisten the baby’s skin and form a skin barrier.
Only moisturising of the skin is not essential but how long will the sunscreen for babies retain the moisture is crucial too.
In that case, you would not face any problem as this is one of the best lotions for babies in India retains moisture for 24 hours.
Furthermore, this sunscreen for babies not only conserves your baby from UVA and UVB rays of the sun but is also water-resistant.
Now, your baby can play in the water without worrying about sunburn.
Therefore, it is ideal for every skin type and makes it one of the best sunscreens for babies with sensitive skin.
- Moisten the baby skin and form a skin barrier
- Retains moisture for 24 hours
- Conserve your baby from UVA and UVB rays of the sun
- Suitable for every skin type
- SPF 50 with a broad spectrum
- Spread fast
- Tested by dermatologists
- Soapy texture
- Does not moisten the skin
- Dries up fast
7. Badger – Baby Sunscreen Cream – All Natural & Certified Organic
When it comes to a baby’s skin, nothing could beat the goodness of the organic ingredients. Then, why not try sunscreen for babies that are naturally made?
Badger sunscreen for babies contains USDA-certified organic ingredients that are water and sweat-resistant.
As one of the best sunscreen for babies in India, it is not only made by keeping baby’s safety in mind but it is made while keeping the environment safe too. How?
It is biodegradable and is even recommended by environmental groups.
Not only babies but even your whole family can use it to protect themselves from the sun.
Consequently, it is free from biologically harmful agents such as octinoxate, oxybenzone and other chemicals.
We talked about the baby’s safety, then don’t forget to check these bed rail guards for even more safety.
- USDA certified organic ingredients
- Recommended by environmental groups
- The whole family can use it
- Free from octinoxate, oxybenzone and other chemicals
- Contains certified organic ingredients such as sunflower oil, beeswax and vitamin E
- Moisten the baby skin
- Water and sweat-resistant
- Easy to rub
- Pleasant smell
- Biodegradable or can be recycle
- Leaves a white residue on clothes
- Essence could be more good
8. Mom & World Mineral Based Baby Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 50 PA+++
While playing, babies hurt themselves and it might turn into serious injuries too, as babies can easily catch infection and disease.
To eradicate skin irritation and bruises, Mom & world has antiseptic properties and prevents your baby’s skin from UVA and UVB rays, as it encompasses zinc oxide and titanium oxide.
With the prevention of baby from rays of the sun, it also has vitamin E that has antioxidant properties and retain moisture of the skin.
Along with this, it also lessens the damage to the skin due to the sun and for women’s it reduces wrinkles. Are you a new mom?
Then you might like these pregnancy stretch marks removal cream.
- Has antiseptic properties to eradicate skin irritation and bruises
- Zinc oxide and titanium oxide prevents your baby’s skin from UVA and UVB rays
- Has vitamin E that has antioxidant properties
- To retain moisture of baby’s skin, it has vitamin B3
- Soothes the skin
- Prevent wrinkles
- Has a broad spectrum
- Easy to apply
- The pump does not work
- In contrast, does not withstand water and sweat
- Might result in irritation
- Strong smell
9. Mambino Organics: SPF 30 Natural Mineral Sunscreen for Babies
Mambino offers you sunscreen for babies that are made of natural ingredients. As a result, it moistens the baby’s skin deep and its SPF 30 helps in broad-spectrum protection.
Furthermore, sometimes in a hurry, you might end up taking abundant sunscreen which is not of any use.
To prevent wasting, this sunscreen has a pump, that encourages clean application and easy use.
Trusting anything other than natural ingredients can be harmful to the baby, so here it includes aloe vera, non-nano zinc that is a strong biological sun siege mineral.
- Made of natural ingredients such as organic aloe vera
- Non- nano zinc that is a strong biological sun siege mineral
- Has a pump, that encourages the clean application
- SPF 30 helps in broad-spectrum protection
- Moistens the baby’s skin deeply
- Easy to use
- Absorb easily
- Price could be lower
- The smell could be better
Do Babies Require Sunscreen?
Do babies need sunscreen?
Yes, babies do need sunscreen as prevention against the sun.
To be noted, you should not put the baby below 6 months under direct sunlight. And always take preventive measures such as wearing full clothes, hats, etc.
Additionally, avert going out during the time when the sun is at its peak, which could be around 10 am to 2 pm.
Don’t forget to check, How to Baby Proof House?
When Can I Apply Sunscreen to My Baby?
A baby above 6 months can apply sunscreen.
Can a 3-month-old Wear Sunscreen?
No, a baby of 3 months can not apply sunscreen.
Why Can’t You Use Sunscreen on Babies Under 6 months?
The reason for not using sunscreen on the below 6 months is the delicate skin of the baby.
Also check, 10 Best Baby Safety Gates for Stair/Door
What sunscreen is safe for babies?
H2- What is the best sunscreen for a 6-month-old?
H2- What is the best baby sunscreen?
What Are the Precautions to be Taken When Applying Baby Sunscreen?
Well, of course, like every other baby care product, you need to follow some precautions when applying this one too.
Because everything has its own downfalls, which I’m sure you don’t want your kid or baby to face.
So, here we go,
- Apply the sunscreen on the baby’s scalp, properly. Also, if your baby does not have hair, only apply the nickel-sized quantity
- Sunscreen sticks are also a good option to protect your baby from the sun, but make sure to apply them ideally
- Apply the sunscreen on the baby’s skin after every 2 hour
- Prevent using sunscreen which includes chemicals such as PABA because it could result in skin allergies
- Apply the sunscreen stick back and forth on the baby’s body
- If your baby has sensitive skin, then you should go for the sunscreen with titanium dioxide
- When using sunscreen stick, always rub it after applying the same
- When going out, make sure to make your baby wear full-sleeve clothes, a hat, baby sunglasses, along with the sunscreen
- If you are using sunscreen spray, spray it by keeping the distance of one inch from the skin. Further, keep spraying until you notice the skin glistens
- Apply the sunscreen spray in a well-ventilated room
- Keep your baby under the shade, or prevent going out when the sun is at its peak
- To keep your baby hydrated, make the proper schedule to feed your baby with breastmilk or formula milk
- If your baby has dark skin, he is more prone to get sunburns
How to Apply Baby Sunscreen?
Applying the sunscreen is easy, you just have to follow these simple steps,
- Take 1-ounce of cream on the hand, this would be enough to cover the area of the skin
- Now, apply the sunscreen on the baby’s skin i.e., the exposed area
- For proper protection, always apply the sunscreen on the baby’s skin before going out, that is before 15-20 minutes
- To protect your baby’s lip, apply the lip balm with SPF 30
- Apply the sunscreen on the baby’s ears, hands, feet, shoulders, and behind the neck
- If your baby is going swimming, apply the sunscreen under the strap of the swimsuit too
- If your baby is sweating, swimming, our 2-hours is complete, apply it again
FAQs On Baby’s Sunscreen
- Which sunscreen is best for babies?
Thinkbaby ThinkBaby Sunscreen SPF 50+ is the best sunscreen for babies in India as it does not contain avobenzone, paraben, oxybenzone, UV chemical absorbent, phthalate and more. To add, it is water-resistant per FDA. Along with this, sunscreen for babies also has UVA and UVB that offer a broad spectrum coverage.
- Is SPF 50 good for babies?
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, for the newborn and babies, sunscreen with SPF 30-50 is ideal. However, we recommend you to consult with the doctor first before applying any of the sunscreens.
- What is the best natural sunscreen for babies?
Mamaearth Mineral Based Sunscreen Baby Lotion SPF 20+ is the best natural sunscreen as comprises calendula, cocoa and shea butter that not only protect the baby from the sun. But also moisturise the baby skin, strengthen the skin properties, enhances the healing process.
- Which is the best sunscreen lotion for babies?
Mamaearth Mineral Based Sunscreen Baby Lotion SPF 20+ is the best sunscreen lotion for babies in India as it is hypoallergenic, moisturise the baby skin, strengthen the skin properties, enhances the healing process, as it comprises calendula, cocoa and shea butter. It is all worthy to buy.
Now you do not have to stop your baby from playing as your little one is safe outside, just like at a home. But yes, always consult a doctor before using any of the sunscreen lotions or cream for the baby.
Let’s not waste time and be an obstacle in the development of the baby, as going out means enhancing motor development, development of cognitive skills, visual skills, communication skills, etc.
Till then, happy shopping!