Your little one is the most beautiful and cutest thing for you, irrespective of the complexion of the baby, right?
The most essential thing for the parents is to take care of the baby’s growth and development, am I right?
However, there comes the coercion and preferences of society that attempt to discover different ways to change the baby’s complexion. I have a personal opinion that whatever your baby’s skin color is, whether it is fair, dark, dusky, or wheatish, it does not matter.
Whatever your reason is to go through sites to know how to make baby skin fair naturally, I’ll help you with that. Although, remember that she/he is your baby, so do not be harsh because her skin is delicate and soft.
Let’s have a look at, how to improve the baby skin color naturally?
How to Make Baby Skin Fair Naturally?
Here I will discuss natural plus practical baby skin whitening tips that enable you to make your baby’s skin fair, supple, and of course, glowing.
1. Mix Kasturi and milk paste
Make the paste of the milk and mix Kasturi manually, both should be in equal quantity. You do not have to worry about finding the Kasturi as you can easily get it from any store. Simply, apply the paste to the baby’s face and body.
You can also mix Kasturi manjal with oil to get fair skin.
Benefits of Applying Kasturi,
- Lessens the acne and scars
- Improve skin tone and overall complexion
- Heals insect bites and skin infections
- Prevent varied skin ailment like eczema
- Can be used as bath powder for baby
2. Homemade scrub
That’s easy to make, what you have to do is to make a mixture of chickpea powder, rose water, natural milk, and baby’s oil. It helps in eliminating the undesirable pollutants from the baby’s skin. After that, just apply and rub the paste on the baby’s skin gently.
To add, it is been claimed that spraying rose water on the baby’s crib can allow the baby to sleep peacefully.
To be noted, be gentle on the baby’s skin.
Benefit of Homemade Body Scrub,
- Eradicate dead skin cells
- Gives clear and soft skin
- Smoothen the skin
- Provide an invigorating and satisfying feeling of massage
3. Do Oil Massage – Best in all way
Trust me it is the best baby skin whitening tips, as it is just so perfect for the baby’s bone and muscle development, and more.
Although, using olive oil regularly is not a good idea, especially if your baby has dry or cracked skin. I would advise you to consult with the doctor before using anything. To add, you can also try out the best baby coconut massage oil without any worries.
Massaging the baby not only helps in strengthening your baby’s bones but it also helps in enhancing the baby’s weight, improve blood circulation, and provide ease in the teething phase.
Above all, it relaxes the baby and allows the baby to sleep peacefully. To add, it also provides relief from the colic, enhances neurological development, etc.
Benefit of Coconut Oil,
- Hydrate skin as it contains fatty acids
- Helps in retaining skin moisture
- Has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- Keeps skin smooth with the help of vitamin E and healthy fats
- Prevent skin ailment like eczema
- Naturally, soften and soothe the skin
Benefits of Olive Oil,
- Protect skin from the damage
- Prevent skin issues like eczema and psoriasis
- Has antibacterial properties
So do you like this tip for not just making baby skin fair naturally but also strong?
4. Lime and Honey
It is the perfect solution for hair and skin issues. Make a blend of honey and lime juice, ensure to keep both in equal amounts. Later, massage your baby’s face with the mixture.
Benefits of Lime and Honey Paste
- Lemon contains AHA and BHA that eliminate dead skin
- Honey has natural anti-oxidants and anti-bacterial properties
- Flush the unwanted toxins
- Retains moisture and keeps the skin hydrated
Also check: When to start oil massage for newborn baby?
5. Ubtan or Paste
Certainly, it is natural, add some gram flour, turmeric, in the lukewarm water. Further, just apply the natural plus homemade ubtan or paste on your baby’s skin.
Turmeric has antioxidant properties that lessen inflammation and cure wounds. It will give your baby soft and glowing skin.
Benefit of Ubtan,
- Prevent acne, spots, etc with the help of its anti-bacterial properties
- Eradicate the tan
- Lessen the facial hair
6. Body Packs
Don’t worry it is all-natural and you are going to make it at home for your little one. Make a blend of sandalwood, turmeric, and saffron, add all these to the milk. After applying it to the baby’s body, let it dry for 10 minutes. It not only enables you to change the complexion of the baby but also prevents the baby’s skin from infection.
Benefit of Body Packs,
- Eradicate dead skin and impurities
- Exfoliation opens the pores which help in skin moisturization
- Restrict the ingrow of hair
- Increase blood circulation
- Rejuvenate the skin
7. Say No to Soaps
Yes, because of the baby’s delicate skin you can not use any soap if you really want to use soap then go for baby bars that contain glycerine and milk. Moreover, for something natural, use rosewater, and milk.
Soap of grown-ups could be harmful to a baby’s skin as it can make the baby’s skin rough and dry. Hence, prevent using grown-ups products on the baby’s skin.
8. Try Soothing Sunbath
Sunlight provides vitamin D that also contributes to the growth of the baby. However, do not expose the kid to excessive sunlight, this results in tanning. And can also harm the baby’s skin.
For better skin, a soothing sunbath with lukewarm body wash is perfect. Further, keeping the baby in direct sunlight can burn the baby’s skin. Therefore, avoid it.
If you go out, apply sunscreen, drink more water, try to be in the shade, and more. To be noted, don’t use any cloth to cover the baby’s face, in order to protect him from the sun. That’s simply because it can cause suffocation. Use a stroller with a canopy.
9. Time to drink juices
First, let me be very specific and clear, it is for a baby of above 3 months. What you have to do is to feed your little one with grape juice, apple juice, orange juice, etc. These fruits make your baby’s skin healthy from the inside as well as keep your baby hydrated.
However, it is advised not to feed the baby with anything until the age of 6 months. Therefore, I advise you to consult this with your doctor.
10. Gram Flour Paste
That’s easy to make. All you have to do is to mix raw milk, fresh cream, gram flour, and turmeric. Apply a thick paste to the baby’s skin for 10 minutes and remove it with the help of cotton or soft cloth.
Benefit of Gram Flour Pack,
- Raw milk and turmeric could be therapeutic to the baby’s skin
- Make the skin soft and supple
- Enhance the glow of the skin
- Turmeric has natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Heal and prevent dry skin
11. Baby Wipes
Though baby wipes do not whiten the baby’s skin, it can help in cleaning the baby’s skin as well as it can prevent dryness. Additionally, always buy wipes that contain glycerin and milk cream. Or pure water. You can check the Mother Sparsh baby products as they have 99% pure water baby wipes.
Benefit of Glycerin and Milk Cream
- Retain the moisture of the baby’s skin
- Prevent dryness
- Makes skin soft
- Eliminate the skin irritation
- Eliminate the dead skin cells
12. Use Raw Potato
So far, I would say this is the easiest thing you can do. Simply peel and shred a raw potato. Later apply it on the baby’s skin before bath.
Benefits of Raw Potato,
- It brightens the skin as it contains an enzyme termed catecholase
- Prevent itching from bug bites
- Revive tired eyes
13. Aloe vera
Like aloe vera is good for your skin, the same applies to your baby’s skin due to its antioxidants properties. That helps in eliminating dead skin.
Benefit of Aleo Vera
- Treat burns, acne, etc
- Soothes the skin
- Prevent dryness
- Moisture the skin
14. Tomato – A Good Option
As tomato also contains anti-tanning properties. All you have to do is to apply the pulp on the baby’s skin before bathing.
Benefit of Tomato,
- Restore skin glow
- Provide clean and clear skin
- Fight free radicals in the body
- Perfect skin rejuvenator
- Prevent acne and pimples
Assuming, till now you know what exactly you have to do to get your answer to the question, that is how to improve the baby’s skin color naturally.
But you should also take some of the precautions while using any of these methods for making your baby skin fair naturally.
Precautions to be Taken
At last, I want you to take some precautions,
- Do not rub any paste, scrub, or anything on the baby’s skin roughly, as the baby’s skin is delicate and needs to be taken care
- Dry the baby’s skin with the help of the clean and dry towel, in short, prevent leaving the baby’s skin wet
- Don’t leave the paste on the baby’s skin for more time unless prescribed by an expert
- Do not use grown-up products on the baby’s skin, you can simply buy baby care products
- Check before actually applying any scrub or paste on the baby’s skin, i.e., patch test
- If you find anything wrong, do not apply that paste or scrub on the baby’s skin again, as a baby might be allergic
- To avoid skin irritation, make your baby wear breathable and relaxed clothes
- Choose a clean surrounding to apply paste or scrub on baby’s skin
- Let your baby’s skin adjust depending on the weather, accordingly
- Always consult the doctor first before following any myth or home remedy on your baby.
At last, I would strictly advise you to get the advice of the doctor before applying any skincare paste, scrub, or anything. Because of course, she/he is your baby and you should be extra careful.
No doubt, you can easily get all these things from the market but the reason behind using the homemade products is that you know what it is made of. Likewise, you can make food for the baby at home by using the best baby food blenders and baby food makers.
Healthy skin reflects a healthy baby, no matter what the color of the baby is. So, I can not say anything about how much you can rely on these natural plus homemade solutions. But certainly, these would not cause any harm to the baby unless your baby is allergic.
Hence, consult it with a doctor or do the patch test before applying anything on the baby’s skin.
Lastly, always remember, babies inherit color from their parents. So don’t go too harsh to make baby skin fair. They have a natural color. So you would avoid using any unnecessary things. Take care!