“We all want a sign that we are going to take off the mask soon,” Dr. Samer Cheaib wrote.
Currently, the whole world is looking for a slight hope. Hope to move forward and face things. As this year is being disastrous, from pandemic to floods. The world has gone through unlimited bombshells.
Baby’s are often referred to as God’s angle. You definitely heard the phrase, “God resides in Children.” and according to the Bible, children are gifts from God to families.
However, the picture of a baby taking off the doctor’s mask is amplifying during this COVID-19 situation.
Why is it a Symbol of Hope?
As we all are aware, many people have not put a single step out of their homes since the lockdown. Above all, this lockdown has changed our social life, and personal life, because we gotta do is to wear a mask to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Yes, that’s essential but many people are looking forward to remove face-covering or masks as it is uncomfortable.
pic credit @dr.samercheaib
To be honest, some people simply want to enjoy the pre-pandemic life, where they can enjoy the sun, the parties with friends, going on tours, whatnot. In short, they want to step out of their homes fearless.
The picture of a baby, pulling the mask of Dr. Samer Cheaib, is fitting perfectly, as a cue of hope.
What People are Expecting?
The pictured shared by Dr. Samer Cheaib, who is a UAE-based gynecologist. The tearing of the mask by the newborn to revels the smile or happiness of the doctor underneath the mask is being associated with the hope of a mask-free lifestyle.
Doctor himself shared the picture on Facebook and Instagram, with the caption, “We all want a sign that we are going to take off the mask soon.”
Hence, the picture resembles that we all will be free from the mask soon.
Moreover, the picture does not only received thousands of likes. But got so many positive comments that revolve around mask free life.
Some of the comments say,
“We will all take off the mask soon,” wrote one person.
and another said,
“This should be the photo of 2020.”
While one says,
“The most beautiful pic I have seen. Hopefully, we will get rid of masks soon.”
This is not the first time when a picture is associated with a good sign or hope. Earlier, back in March, a newborn in Italy became the symbol of hope, when the whole world heavily impacted by the pandemic. The picture says, “Andra Tutto bene” that means, everything will be fine.
Precautions to be Taken During COVID-19
- Do not put a face mask or shield on the baby’s face. Because it could result in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome or suffocation
- Maintains distance with the person who just comes into the home from outside
- If you are tested positive for COVId-19, it is better to have a caregiver who is not at increased risk of severe illness. Your caregiver should wash the hands for 20 seconds before touching the newborn. Additionally, if your caregiver is living in the same room or home, the caregiver should wear a mask. And should keep 6 feet distance from the baby during your isolation and after isolation
- If you do not want a caregiver, then you can also take care of the baby by washing hands for 20 seconds before touching the baby. Also, to prevent the spread of the virus wear a mask
- If anyone of your family member or caregiver has been tested positive for COVID-19. They should avoid taking care of the newborn as much as possible. However, if they have to take care of the baby, they have to wear a mask and wash hands for 20 seconds
- Even, if you are tested positive for COVID-19, you can breastfeed the baby. As so far no studies suggest that breastmilk spread the virus. However, you need to wash your hands before breastfeeding the baby and wear a mask all the while
- If you are COVID-19 positive and choose to use a breast pump. In that case, you can either use an electric breast pump or a manual breast pump. But before using a breast pump, ensure to clean all the parts of the same.
No doubt, we all need hope to stay positive, especially if we look at the situation, that is getting worst. Even the developed countries somewhere or another failed to cope with this pandemic. Additionally, being a little positive won’t hurt you.
However, mommies, you need to follow some precautions. Hence, always be in touch with your doctor. If you like this a little symbol of hope, then spread this positivity with everyone by sharing this post!
Stay safe and take care🙂