9 Must-Have Nappy/Diaper Changing Products!
Hey! Parents, changing the diaper of the baby sometimes seems to be a never-ending job, isn’t it? Most importantly, if you have to run to get the best nappy changing accessories the whole process becomes more messy and hectic.
Especially, if you are a new mommy, you literally have to run in your home to get the nappy or diaper, then to throw the diaper, find wipes, whatnot.
9 Must-Have Nappy/Diaper Changing Products!
|Preview||Changing Product||Example||Rating||Buy Link|
|1. Disposable Changing Mat||TEDDYY Baby||4.5/5||Buy On Amazon|
|2. Diaper Rash Cream||Burt’s Bees 100% Natural||4.7/5||Buy On Amazon|
|3. Baby Wipes||Mother Sparsh 99% Pure Water||4.6/5||Buy On Amazon|
|4. Diaper Caddy||HIPPO Diaper Caddy||4.7/5||Buy On Amazon|
|5. Baby Powder||Sebamed Baby Powder|
|4.6/5||Buy On Amazon|
|6. Diaper Bag||House of Quirk |
|4.5/5||Buy On Amazon|
|7. Diaper Disposable||SanNap Baby||4.7/5||Buy On Amazon|
|8. Teether||WISHKEY Colourful||4.5/5||Buy On Amazon|
|9. Baby Diapers||Pampers Active||4.5/5||Buy On Amazon|
Can you make this process easy?
Indeed you can!
Simply by knowing what best nappy changing accessories, that will help you to clean the mess effortlessly.
To be honest, changing the diaper of the baby is going to get in your nerves that smell, puke like feeling, and you will feel like leaving everything and run somewhere. However, you gotta do it anyway. For that, all the very best parents.
I have come up with 9 must-have nappy changing products with best-selling examples to help you choose the best product.
Here we go with the detailed review.
1. Disposable Changing Mats
As soon as I heard nappy changing, diaper or nappy changing mats pops up in my mind.
Because it is not only a clean and hygienic area to change the nappy of the baby. But it also keeps things under control by preventing the mess from becoming messier.
For Example – TEDDYY Baby Disposable Changing Mats
Teddy baby disposable diaper changing mat is perfect for younger babies to infants because of its universal size. That leads me to the absorbency of the mat, Teddy mats are highly absorbent with the waterproof backseat. Hence, even in case of leakage, your baby would be dry and comfortable.
With that, due to its high absorbency and soft and spongy material that makes it comfortable, it perfectly fits for shopping trips and holidays.
Therefore, it offers comfort and a dry surface to the baby to change the diaper of the baby. Are you ready to use the best nappy changing accessory? But before that, read its pros and cons here.
- Keeps the baby dry as it is highly absorbent with its gel technology
- Waterproof back sheet, for dryness
- Suitable for younger babies to infants because of its universal size
- Ensure the comfort of the baby as it has soft and spongy material at the top
- It is hygienic with its anti-bacterial cover
- Prevent leakage with the help of its criss-cross design
- Use it as an additional protective layer in the car, during cradle time, etc
- As these are disposable changing mats, you can not use it for a long time
- Gives stench when uses after being wet
As a more premium alternative, you can try the Summer Infant Ultra Plush Geo Diaper Changing pad.
Also Check: 7 Best Diaper Changing Mats for Babies!
2. Diaper Rash Ointment
Here comes the second best nappy changing accessory you will need while changing the diaper of the baby. Diaper rash is a very common issue faced by babies due to the irritation from stool and urine. This can lead to skin irritation if the baby’s skin is exposed to the urine for a long time.
Trust me, it is very annoying.
A diaper cream or ointment would be best option to eradicate rashes.
For example – Burt’s Bees Baby Bee 100% Natural Diaper Rash Ointment
The foremost thing, I would suggest you get a natural diaper rash cream. Though you would find plenty of brands, here I have come up with Burt’s Bees baby natural diaper rash ointment.
The best part is that it is pediatrician certified and does not contain parabens, SLS, phthalates, etc.
What ingredients does it contain?
Its key ingredients are jojoba oil, lavender, and shea butter. So far, all these ingredients are super perfect for the baby’s skin as these moisten the baby’s skin, prevent dryness, lessen acne, have anti-inflammatory, and healing properties.
Like, a coin, these ingredients have their own shortcomings too. Some of these shortcomings are irritation, rash, allergies, etc.
- Free from parabens, phthalates, etc
- Made of natural ingredients, hence safe for baby
- Certified by pediatrics which gives assurance that it is safe to use
- Not perfect for the baby with allergies to nuts
- Could be less thick as it makes it tough to come out of the container
Calling it 100% natural would not be perfect because it contains Zinc oxide, which may cause side effects like itching, skin rash, hives, even it can worsen the diaper rash.
Hence, I would advise you to do a patch test before using it on the baby’s skin directly.
You can also check: 8 Best Diaper Rash Cream for Babies!
3. Baby Wipes
Baby wipes are very useful as it helps in cleaning the baby after pooping, with that, it also helps you to clean makeup and more. Hence, as you are going to apply it on your or baby’s skin directly. So, you gotta be careful while choosing wipes.
For example – Mother Sparsh 99% Pure Water (Unscented) Baby Wipes
Here comes another best nappy changing accessory that is unscented baby wipes. If you are not aware of a fun fact about Mother Sparsh baby wipes then here it is. Mother Sparsh baby wipes are the world’s first water-based baby wipes.
Most importantly, for diaper rashes, you can not trust anyone other than Mother Sparsh because it is 100% plant-based and is perfect for a newborn to an infant, either they have sensitive or normal skin type.
So, mommies, it is the time to take care of your baby’s skin.
- Free from harsh chemicals like parabens, synthetic scent, dyes, etc
- Super soft and safe for your baby as it is made of plant pulp
- Unscented, hence safe for sensitive skin of the baby
- Ideal for newborn to an infant, either they have sensitive or normal skin
- Made of three times thicker medical-grade cloth which makes it perfect for your baby’s skin
- It is being claimed that it soften and moisturize the skin, however, customer claims the exact opposite
- Even after claiming it is unscented, customer claim opposite
This is one of the best essential nappy changing products because of the hygiene issues not a days.
Also Check: 7 Best Baby Wipes in India!
4. Baby Diaper Caddy
Plan to go out for the first time after having your baby?
Hey! Great. But your fancy purse is not going to help you carry all the stuff you would need.
A diaper caddy will help you keep your diaper essentials organized in a very beautiful caddy. Hence, no need to leave any stuff at home while going or no need to sacrifice your looks.
As a solution, you can use the Hippo baby diaper caddy. Trust me, this is going to give you a sophisticated look. Hence, no need to compromise your beautiful look.
- Washable, hence, wash it when needed
- Durable and soft, hence, long life and comfort
- Spacious to keep everything with its 6 small and 2 large pockets
- Effortless to remove the inner partitions to customize the size
- Leather handles
- Stitching could be improved
5. Baby Powder
Diaper changing could be messy plus smelly. Don’t you agree with me?
Of course, you and your baby, including your family can not live with that smell.
Baby powder is also an essential diaper changing essential as it lessens the friction, prevents rashes, etc. However, you simply have to make the right choice.
For example – Sebamed Baby Powder
So, the best nappy changing accessory you can use is Sebamed baby powder. This baby powder is going to prevent nappy rash, and prevent friction.
I’m going into a little detail, let’s have a look at its ingredients.
What ingredients does it contain?
Though allantoin is safe to use as it usually does not have any side effects. But sometimes it can result in redness, stinging, or irritation. Then, comes talc which is used to soothe the skin and prevent irritation and rarely causes any side effects. Although, prevent applying it on the skin if you have cuts, abrasion, etc.
At last, titanium dioxide is perfect to protect the skin from the rays of the sun. Though, it has the ability to cause dry skin, and rarely result in skin rashes, acne, skin irritation, and more.
Thus, all you got to do is to be a little careful.
- Prevent friction
- Prevent nappy rashes
- Soothes the skin and prevent dryness, hence, perfect skin of the baby
- Could be a little more scented
- Could be talc free
As it has talc, allantoin, and titanium dioxide which might cause some negative effects with positive effects. Hence, you need to be extra careful.
Don’t Miss: Top 5 Baby Powder Reviews
6. Baby Diaper Bag Maternity Backpack
Planning a trip with your baby?
Of course, you can not carry a diaper caddy everywhere. However, a maternity backpack would be a stylish and effortless option to carry all the things for sure.
For example – House of Quirk Baby Diaper Bag Maternity Backpack
Especially, if you are going to buy this maternity backpack. Because it is not only stylish but it is water-resistant, has strong zippers, effortless to wipe clean, and more.
In short, it is durable or has a long-lasting life.
The best part is that mammy and daddy both can take it out due to its unisex design. This means mamma and daddy both can enjoy shopping, traveling, and more with the baby.
Being a mother, you deserve a little bit of privilege, isn’t it? For you, you can either use it as a backpack or handbag.
- Unisex, perfect for mom and dad
- Water-resistant and effortless to wipe clean, therefore, long-lasting use
- Stylish, either hold it as a backpack and handbag
- Capacious hold your water bottle, milk bottle, changing pads, baby care, etc
- Wet or dry separation for each type of cloth
- Large opening for a perfect view to see what you are looking for
- Has tissue dispenser pocket
- Could have strong stitching
- Though it is claimed that it is waterproof, customer claim exact different
7. Baby Diaper Disposal
At a party, in a restaurant, or outside, you can not simply throw diapers away. Well, that includes your home too because while changing the diaper of the baby, going out to throw the diaper means leaving the baby alone. And it is unhygienic too.
But trust me it can make things messier and even lead to accidents if you leave your baby alone on a diaper changing table.
So, here, I have come up with diaper disposable bags, which is according to me the best nappy changing accessory. The catch is that it does not only help in disposing of the diaper or nappy but it also eliminates the odor.
Hence, change, seal, and throw.
- Perfect to use at home or outside
- Tear-resistant, hence, no worry while putting the diaper in
- Prevent odor, hence, no smell
- No tie required, simply seal it
- Fits in a diaper bag, purse, etc
- Could be available in a bit large size
- Price could be less
8. Teether and Rattles
Although this is not a must-have product so it depends on your baby. This is the reason I listed this in our 9 nappy changing products list.
While changing the diaper, your baby is going to retaliate. In that case, you have to keep your baby occupied until you change his/her nappy or diaper.
For that, I have come up with the best nappy changing accessory which is the teether and rattle. That would help your baby in his early education because these toys will help your baby, to learn to grasp, pulling, rotating, shaking, etc.
Because these rattles and teether are smooth, effortless to hold, and is smooth as a result, your baby can play with these without getting cuts or harming their hands.
Above all, rattles are made of BPA free ABS plastic which is safe for your tot.
- Safe for baby as it is made of BPA free ABS plastic
- Safe for your baby hands as rattles and teethers are smooth, effortless to hold
- Attractive color to attract baby to play
- Ideal for hand skill and development of the baby
- Easy to hold by those cute little hands
- Made of food-grade silicone plastic that provides relief to sore gums
- Perfect for hearing development, fine motor development, visual development, and tactile development
- Could be sterilizable
- Have painted surface which falls off, commented by customer
- Could have properly attached joints
No doubt, these baby rattles, and teethers are safe. However, its packing says, that it might impose choking hazards. Hence, in order to prevent any problem, always keep an eye on the baby.
Also check: 12 Best Teether for Babies Reviews!
9. Baby Diapers
Last but not the least, Pampers diapers are the best nappy changing accessory. And trust me without this, you can not use any of the above baby accessories.
For example – Pampers Active Baby Diapers, New Born, Extra Small
Pamper is a well-established brand and this diaper provides up to 12 hours of absorption which keeps your baby dry and comfortable for a long time. Above all, for a newborn’s delicate skin, it is a tape-style diaper that is easy to put on with 5-star skin protection for a newborn.
That leads me to the amazing feature of this diaper that is, infused mild lotion which this diaper contains. So, from now your baby does not have to deal with skin irritation.
In short, your baby is comfortable, dry, and in a safe environment.
- Provides up to 12 hours of absorption
- 5-star skin protection for a newborn
- Tape-style diaper which is easy to put on and tight or lose accordingly
- Prevent skin irritation with its infused mild lotion
- Has wetness indicator which turns blue when your baby wets the diaper
- Though it is claimed it has high absorbency, the customer claims the exact opposite
- Tapes come out
So far, you would understand what nappy changing products/accessories you would need to change the baby’s diaper. However, before using any baby product like baby face cream, lotion, etc, I would advise you to do the patch test first. It is easy, you just have to apply a small quantity of cream on the baby’s skin, if you notice any irritation, redness, etc, do not use it.
If not this, you can also apply the cream on your inner elbow. If you feel irritation, itching, etc, avoid using it. With that, also check out the ingredients your baby product contains.
Being extra careful won’t hurt anyone.
Do let me know what do you think of these essential nappy changing products.